3-4 channel audio interface - hit me with some recs!
    Tech Convert

Default 3-4 channel audio interface - hit me with some recs!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an audio interface that allows me to send a signal to at least three different channels on my mixer. I two decks and one remix deck going. One Kontrol X1 for the two decks, one F1 for the remix deck and an Allen & Heath Xone 1D to control pitch and a bunch of other stuff for all decks. Of course I'd go for as cheap as I can go while still getting alright quality and low latency. I'm using Traktor, if that makes a difference.

I looked around and found the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 aswell as the Traktor Scratch A6 - I just don't get it. Main out, A, B, channel 1-6, I can't wrap my head around it. What kind of an interface do I need? Are there any alternatives to NI:s stuff that I can use?

Thanks

You need Traktor Scratch A6 (3ch) or above (A8, A10 - 4ch). Cheaper alternatives with only outputs are something like ESI Gigaport HD+ (4ch) or similar but there aren't so many options out there actually so NI interfaces are almost a standard. Make sure you check compatibility with your OS because some of them are discontinued and won't work on newer macOS's.

Komplete A6 only has 2ch analog output, 3rd ch is digital so you would need a mixer with digital inputs to use it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

With the upcoming release of the 750mk2 you should be able to get a fairly cheap mk1 second hand. Just plug all the gear into a usb hub and problem solved.

Audio 6= Jester approves
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You need Traktor Scratch A6 (3ch) or above (A8, A10 - 4ch). Cheaper alternatives with only outputs are something like ESI Gigaport HD+ (4ch) or similar but there aren't so many options out there actually so NI interfaces are almost a standard. Make sure you check compatibility with your OS because some of them are discontinued and won't work on newer macOS's.

Komplete A6 only has 2ch analog output, 3rd ch is digital so you would need a mixer with digital inputs to use it.
    Alright, cool. I found an Audio 10 for 180 euros that I can order right now but I don't really have the money to do so comfortably, is that a ridicculously good price (=get it now) or how much do they usually go for? Condition seems to be new

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    With the upcoming release of the 750mk2 you should be able to get a fairly cheap mk1 second hand. Just plug all the gear into a usb hub and problem solved.
    That's not bad advice, however I'm planning on using my setup in clubs which might have older mixers so I feel like I should get an audio interface that lets me connect to those mixers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Audio 6= Jester approves
    Cheers, how's that DN-X1600 working for you?

Got any Firewire connectivity? Get yourself a MOTU Ultralite.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Got any Firewire connectivity? Get yourself a MOTU Ultralite.
    Afraid not. USB all the way. Do you know anything about how much the Audio 10 usually goes for?

Quote Originally Posted by smutsik View Post
    Afraid not. USB all the way. Do you know anything about how much the Audio 10 usually goes for?
    You can find em on ebay as standlone for $250-300 used.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    You can find em on ebay as standlone for $250-300 used.
    so 180€ is a gret price? I'm not tight on money right now but if the price is unlikely to come back this good then I might have to hit it

Quote Originally Posted by smutsik View Post
    Cheers, how's that DN-X1600 working for you?
    Love it mate. 4 years in, still a beast
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "