Classic Progressive House Mix Train - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

tekki your PM box is full, I need your email address to share the dropbox folder

Jester & Kooper check your email/dropbox I think I have fixed the problem

yep, syncing up now matey
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

My Dropbox is all over the place. Telling me I dont have access now. Let me see if I can clean it up a little. Andy mate can you send me another invite?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

On a different note I'm having a nightmare with tracks.

Im going through vinyl to pick out the tracks I want to use and then trying to find them online to buy in digital. Finding them has been an issue to begin with then when I down load them the BPM's are all over the place. One track in Traktor says its 127.87 BPM??? whats that all about?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    On a different note I'm having a nightmare with tracks.

Im going through vinyl to pick out the tracks I want to use and then trying to find them online to buy in digital. Finding them has been an issue to begin with then when I down load them the BPM's are all over the place. One track in Traktor says its 127.87 BPM??? whats that all about?
    I think I have the share straightened out for you now

I digitized my tracks I used from my vinyls, but when I tried to beatgrid them, I realized the bpm's varied/drifted too much to get a good grid on a number of tracks
    Lately I have been using sync (since I have an S8) but the I could not get the grids to work out, so I ended just using my CDJs to beatmatch them & kept nudging the jog as the tracks drifted

a lot of those old tracks were made on old gear with imprecise midi clocks or had bad transfers & pressings that resulted in bpm drift & odd imperfect amounts like "127.87"

I look back at it now & am a bit amazed that I used to be so good at mixing it all by ear on 1200's given all the challenges that are now found. Hell I used to be able to rock 3 decks with no problems.

Two of the tracks i used were vinyl rips. In those type of cases i drop 2 grid points and hope for the best, and hover over the pitch bend buttons on my X1's

P.S don't forget to mix in your part before handing the batton lol
    Last edited by Jester; 09-14-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

so I was having a major issue w/ beat gridding 1 of the tracks & with mixing it by ear
    it just has a bad spot in the last 2 minutes where the beat shifts, I couldn't mix it for shit

funny I don't remember that being a problem spot when I used to play that record a lot, but it is now

I went back & re-recorded it, warped it in Ableton, then bounced it
    of course now it is fine

I just now need to employ a small army of people to now repeat this for my entire vinyl collection
    Last edited by dj andym; 09-16-2017 at 11:47 AM.

had a quick listen mate, sounding sweeeet.

Completed my mix today. Ive patched it onto the part 1&2 file so a full file of all 3 parts is uploading now. Tracklist txt file is updated as well.

Enjoyed listening to this. Its a great sounding mix so far. great fun completing my part.

Tech Wizard

looking good so far

Tekki - you're up next, pm me your email for dropbox access

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast