2017 MacBook Pro With Touch Bar

Default 2017 MacBook Pro With Touch Bar

Anyone using the newest Mac? I am looking at picking one up this week. I am getting the highest specs possible.

I will be using it mainly with
    Kontrol Z2
    2 XDJ 1000 (mk1)
    2 Kontrol F1's

Anyone using this setup? Anyone using the newest MacBook Pro with Traktor? Any issues or concerns? Just an FYI, I am out of the box user no special mappings or anything. My current system runs flawlessly with a 2014 MBP... I have $5000 burning a hole in my pocket and want to upgrade to a new computer.

Tech Guru

You don't need such a beefy mac for Traktor, mine still runs fine on a 2010 MacBook Pro

That wasn't the question. Traktor still runs great on my 2007 iMac and 2014 MBP. I'm looking for an upgrade.

If I were you, I would be looking at possible issues with USB hubs, that seems like one of the weaker points.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I currently plug everything into a powered USB hub and then plug the Hub into my computer. Can't I just get a USB 3.0 to USB C cable and use the same Hub and just plug it into the computer?

Yes, you can. Other than stuttering waveforms there are no issues.

You probably could but there has been enough issues with usb 2.0 vs 3.0 to think that usb c standard won't have similar.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I think what Slay means is that there are a bunch of low quality third-party USB-C cables and hubs out there, so you'll need to do some research if you intend to buy any of them. If you just use Apple's USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter with your current hub you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for the info. I am going to pay a visit to my local Apple store and download the demo and see if there are any issues while playing with it in store.

I always buy high quality adaptors. I don't buy the cheap stuff... It's not in my DNA