Digital Mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Mixer

Default Digital Mixer

Hello there,

I am thinking of putting up together a setup and read about these digital mixers. The models I know are the A&H xone 3 and 4 D, Rane has some, Behringer as one, Korg Zero4 and 8 and some Denon model.

Do you know some more?

Thanks

Tech Wizard

i think the xone 3d and 4d has a analog mixer with with midi and a soundcard.

Tech Mentor

i think ecler has some the evo 4 and 5 have midi and are digital i think but dont hold me to it

Tech Guru

I've owned an Ecler Nuo 5, it only has a midi clock on it. The Ecler Nuo 4 on the other hand supports MIDI signal, but it doesn't have a sound card interface built into it.

In response to the OP, I recommend this link:

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...aktorready&L=1

A great reference.

thanks for the help. any more suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcoss View Post
    thanks for the help. any more suggestions?
    The Zero 4 is a digital mixer with midi controls on most of the controls and built in sound card. Pretty solid gear. Has had a few complaints but so does every other piece of gear.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

I am actually pretty interested on that one. But I havent fully understood wich is mixer section and wich buttons are midi assignable. Like for instance can the effect section of the zero 4 on the right side be midi reassigned to the effects of traktor?

Tech Student

I just ordered the Behringer DDM4000, I'll let ya know

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I am actually pretty interested on that one. But I havent fully understood wich is mixer section and wich buttons are midi assignable. Like for instance can the effect section of the zero 4 on the right side be midi reassigned to the effects of traktor?
    I just got the Zero 4 so im still on the learning curve but what i can say is that it is a quality mixer.
    The FX section of each channel can indeed be assigned to any function on Traktor.
    Thats what i intend to do. I want to assign the FX section to the Filter Knob and controls for fx in Chained Mode.
    I know a guy who has the 3 way FX button assigned to Load functions for each deck and with Modifiers for FX.

The only parts of the mixer that arent Midi assignable are the Sampler and Master FX sections.

The possibilities are pretty much endless.

My one and only gripe with the Zero 4 is that the knobs are slightly loose and not really made for hammering like say a DJM but it makes up for that in features.

The soundcard is excellent, it wouldnt be Traktor Certified if it wasnt first class.

It's like Karlos said, pretty much the whole thing, but with an interesting issue.

The picture shows basically orange is normal audio mixer, green is midi control. When in mixed audio/midi mode, normal EQ is available and the green knobs are MIDI controls. An issue is with this is that say you wanted to use the built in Zero 4 FX and control 4 MIDI parameters with the EQ's on the Zero 4, it isn't possible.

There is also no way to disable the cue button from the MIDI scheme, so that if say you wanted to use the entire surface as a MIDI controller, you wouldn't be able to cue without sacrificing a channel because you would have to dedicate one of the sound cards channels to a cueing channel instead of using the cue function of the mixer itself. If that made any sense. It did in my head

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast