External Effects for an Analogue DJ

Default External Effects for an Analogue DJ

Hi Guys..

I'm looking for some advice/suggestions to enhance my 'live' performance but sticking to an Analogue DJ setup.

I've been over using the Pioneer mixer effects, mainly the Flange and Delay, which works perfectly for the style I play. So I'd like to expand on the control of these effects with an external piece/s of hardware. To have some flexibility of the LFO control with some wet/dry access preferably and perhaps some other options if possible.

So far I've looked in to the Pioneer EFX and RMX range, some guitar pedals like the Eventide Modfactor/Moog MF Flange and effects rack units but I'm not sure which would be best to do what I want to do, or if there is some other equipment which would fit my needs. I found the EFX range to be a little dated. The RMX range although it's a really really good unit it doesnt have the effects I need. The Modfactor has the effects I need but it's lacking a wet/dry knob. And the effects rack while it includes everything I need it's not really a plug and play device and is a little bulky, but linking a midi controller and assigning to some knobs is looking like my best option.

Any fellow Analogue DJ's, knowledgeable folk or Producers have any ideas?

Very much appreciated, Cheers!

What Pioneer mixer and what kind of effects exactly are you looking for? Because, you say you use flanger/delay and similar and yet the whole EFX+RMX range of external effects units doesn't have what you're looking for?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

You make a great point. I'm not entirely sure on what effects the RMX-1000 can do as I'm relying on youtube demo's and the listed effects on the manual, and likewise with the EFX-1000, the demo's shown on youtube do not give me much of an idea of capabilities as well as sounding a little dated.

I own a DJM-600 and commonly am faced with a DJM-850.

Just looking for more flexibility.. allowing the flange LFO to go further than the mixer effects allow or even moving additional effects on top.

Please correct me in any way.. I'm open to constructive criticism. Cheers!

DJTT did an article on adding guitar pedals to the send/return chain. Take a look.

http://djtechtools.com/2014/04/27/in...ital-dj-setup/
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I fell in love with the RMX-500 and will be buying another one soon.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Kaoss pad??