Hi I have a numark party mix controller. This controller have 4 pads and a pad butto
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hi I have a numark party mix controller. This controller have 4 pads and a pad butto

Hi

I have a numark party mix controller.
    This controller have 4 pads and a pad button to choose from cues, loops, sampler and effects. I want to map the outputs for example the cues leds but if I want to change the pad mode from the button I want all of the leds to turn off but I want to when I return to cues they light as they were. How can I do that?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtvboy View Post
    Hi

I have a numark party mix controller.
    This controller have 4 pads and a pad button to choose from cues, loops, sampler and effects. I want to map the outputs for example the cues leds but if I want to change the pad mode from the button I want all of the leds to turn off but I want to when I return to cues they light as they were. How can I do that?
    Firstly you have to check if the note assignment or midi channel changes when you switch between those four modes. If so you simply add output commands and map them in different modes and if it's not than you will have to use modifiers.

I used modifiers off course modifier 2 value 1 - 4 for all the 4 layers and yes midi channel changes. Like I said I want to map the outputs for example the cues leds but if I want to change the pad mode from the button I want all of the leds to turn off but I want to when I return to cues they light as they were. How can I do that?
    Last edited by Naughtvboy; 08-27-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Firstly you have to check if the note assignment or midi channel changes when you switch between those four modes. If so you simply add output commands and map them in different modes and if it's not than you will have to use modifiers.
    I used modifiers off course modifier 2 value 1 - 4 for all the 4 layers and yes midi channel changes but only the button to change layer change the note. The pads remain the same channel. Like I said I want to map the outputs for example the hot cues leds and then change to effects or loops it changes the led lighting for that corresponding layer. But then when I return to hot cues they light as they were. How can I do that?

I used modifiers off course modifier 2 value 1 - 4 for all the 4 layers and yes midi channel changes but only the button to change layer change the note. The pads remain the same channel. Like I said I want to map the outputs for example the hot cues leds and then change to effects or loops it changes the led lighting for that corresponding layer. But then when I return to hot cues they light as they were. How can I do that?
    Oh it makes more sense now. Sounds like a battle of modifiers

midi channel changes but only the button to change layer change the note
    If that's the case than you won't be needing Traktor's modifiers because your controller has it's own sort of modifier built in.
    Just be sure to switch to correct hardware page that corresponds to commands that you're mapping at the moment. Should work nicely after that.

It doesn't work like you said. It works only with modifiers. My inputs are not the problem. I can map them no problem at all. What I am stuck with is the led outputs for each layer. What is happening is if for example I have a hotcue 1 on the led is on then, when I change to another layer like effects it stays on even if the effects button is off which is the same.

It doesn't work like you said. It works only with modifiers. My inputs are not the problem. I can map them no problem at all. What I am stuck with is the led outputs for each layer. What is happening is if for example I have a hotcue 1 on the led is on then, when I change to another layer like effects it stays on even if the effects button is off which is the same.
    Ha, don't blame me you said that id does switch midi channel (or Note) so it made me think there is a built in modifier...

Ok let's try with adding the Monitor State command: Add In > Global > Send Monitor State - map it to your layer switch buttons. This command basically forces Traktor to refresh the controller output in case that your controller have issues with that. Let me know if that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Ha, don't blame me you said that id does switch midi channel (or Note) so it made me think there is a built in modifier...

Ok let's try with adding the Monitor State command: Add In > Global > Send Monitor State - map it to your layer switch buttons. This command basically forces Traktor to refresh the controller output in case that your controller have issues with that. Let me know if that does it.
    I think this solved my problem but not completely. What it does is refreshing the leds but does not return to the original leds that were on.

Thanks
    Last edited by Naughtvboy; 08-28-2017 at 02:15 PM.

I think this solved my problem but not completely. What it does is refreshing the leds but does not return to the original leds that were on.

Thanks
    Can you please upload your mapping for me to investigate? My guess is that the problem is caused by incorrect modifier assignments.

Ill upload later this afternoon. I have a map separately for everything like decks effects and loops. I have around 9 maps because I made deck a anf b separately. Because of this traktor lags a bit. I dont know how others make maps professionally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast