CDJ or Mixer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CDJ or Mixer?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ahbs View Post
    Where I live I just can buy records importing them, which is VERY expensive.

I read many people saying plx1000 don't worth the money, but I also read many people saying bad things about others brands of turntables (audio technica, reloop etc.). So, to be honest, I don't know. Just choosed this one.
    "read many people saying bad things about others brands of turntables (audio technica, reloop etc.)"

That's bullshit people are saying. Hanpin makes all of them except Technics and Numarks. You can get basically the same thing ("super OEM" it's called) for less than 2 or 3 hundred bucks a TT if you buy one of the other brandings of the Hanpins. The Audio Technica is the Hanpin 5500, which was originally the American Audio htd4.5. Pioneer and Stantons are just a different body and look with the same basic tonearm design and motor.

The CDJ-350 is not linkable. Each needs their own media. Higher-end Pioneer media players and the Hanpins digital media players (Reloop, American Audio, DJ Tech, Stanton, Akiyama, Omnitronic, etc) are all linkable.

I'd recommend two Reloop RMP-3 or 4s, or two American Audio Radius 3000 (or whatever brands Hanpin stuff in your country is sold as), and two Epsilon 1300s (or your respective Hanpin brand there). If you have the money, CDJ-900, XDJ-1000, or other higher end Pioneers are nice if you're stuck on that brand. People on here also like the XDJ-700. Pioneers are more money than the Hanpins, though, and not necessarily as vinyl-feeling as they could be. Very reliable, though. Their vinyl TTs, though, are way overpriced.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 12-30-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    "read many people saying bad things about others brands of turntables (audio technica, reloop etc.)"

That's bullshit people are saying. Hanpin makes all of them except Technics and Numarks. You can get basically the same thing ("super OEM" it's called) for less than 2 or 3 hundred bucks a TT if you buy one of the other brandings of the Hanpins. The Audio Technica is the Hanpin 5500, which was originally the American Audio htd4.5. Pioneer and Stantons are just a different body and look with the same basic tonearm design and motor.

The CDJ-350 is not linkable. Each needs their own media. Higher-end Pioneer media players and the Hanpins digital media players (Reloop, American Audio, DJ Tech, Stanton, Akiyama, Omnitronic, etc) are all linkable.

I'd recommend two Reloop RMP-3 or 4s, or two American Audio Radius 3000 (or whatever brands Hanpin stuff in your country is sold as), and two Epsilon 1300s (or your respective Hanpin brand there). If you have the money, CDJ-900, XDJ-1000, or other higher end Pioneers are nice if you're stuck on that brand. People on here also like the XDJ-700. Pioneers are more money than the Hanpins, though, and not necessarily as vinyl-feeling as they could be. Very reliable, though. Their vinyl TTs, though, are way overpriced.
    PLX1000's are not Hanpins. Ive had them disassembled. Definitely not the same build. like at all.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    PLX1000's are not Hanpins. Ive had them disassembled. Definitely not the same build. like at all.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/archi...p/t-46097.html

Not sure where the video is anymore on YouTube of the tear down in the second link.

If you found something different, you should make a video yourself.

Next time I get one in for repair, I will make one.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123