Ableton Link Setup question, 2 laptops 2 audio interfaces

Default Ableton Link Setup question, 2 laptops 2 audio interfaces

Okay so me and my friend really want to try out link for jamming with some midi controllers but are a bit confused as how to route our sound through the same monitors/speakers.

We have 2 windows laptops running ableton, 2 audio interfaces (yamaha AG06 and novation nio 2/4) an allen and heath xone 23 dj mixer and a pair of yamaha hs8 studio monitors.

How can we set it up to jam in time using the same speaker output (HS8's) some help would be very much appreciated ! Thanks

You'll connect the speakers to your mixer, and route each of your audio interfaces to a separate channel on the mixer.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You'll need to turn the phono inputs into line inputs though if you want to connect 2 audio interfaces, which means opening up the Xone 23 and unsoldering two resistors (page 18 of the manual).

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    You'll need to turn the phono inputs into line inputs though if you want to connect 2 audio interfaces, which means opening up the Xone 23 and unsoldering two resistors (page 18 of the manual).
    Why not just use the line inputs on the mixer?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I didn't look up their audio interfaces, but I assume they want to connect 2 channels per audio interface, thus needing 4 line inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    one of the worst design flaws. I had to open up my xone 22 to move jumpers. Hated it.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal