First 4 led rings blinking after firmware update

Default First 4 led rings blinking after firmware update

Hello!

I just updated the firmware on my MF twister, and now the four top LED rings keep blinking really fast. If I connect the MF directly (no hub), or take out any other usb midi controllers, the problem persists. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks in advance!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Hustic,
    Did you use the USB HUB while updating the firmware? Also do you use PC or Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Hustic,
    Did you use the USB HUB while updating the firmware? Also do you use PC or Mac?
    Hey, yes I did. I'm on a Mac. I tried a reset on the Twister, didn't change anything... One thing I noticed is it might have something to do with some notes on MIDI channel 6. If I push a button on the Launchpad that's also attached via USB (C2 ch6), which is midi-mapped to something in Ableton, the light on the Twister reacts. Having learned this, I still don't know where to start, unfortunately. Any thoughts?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hustic View Post
    Hey, yes I did. I'm on a Mac. I tried a reset on the Twister, didn't change anything... One thing I noticed is it might have something to do with some notes on MIDI channel 6. If I push a button on the Launchpad that's also attached via USB (C2 ch6), which is midi-mapped to something in Ableton, the light on the Twister reacts. Having learned this, I still don't know where to start, unfortunately. Any thoughts?
    Sounds like your firmware might be bricked as it is not advised to use any sort of USB Hub while performing the firmware update.
    As the matter of a fact you can see the warning message every time you try to update the firmware.

What you can try to do now is installing the recovery firmware and than open the MFU and proceed with updating the device from that point. Please be sure to avoid HUB's when doing this... Once the firmware is up to date you can plug your Midifighter Twister in to the USB HUB again.