Technics 1210 cable issue
    Tech Convert

Default Technics 1210 cable issue

Hi
    I've just noticed on 1 of my turntables ( technics 1210s mk3s) that I'm only sometimes gettin a signal through the left speaker when playin my vinyl. It seems to be hit and miss if any sound comes through at all. I've tried wiggling the wires to the turntable and sometimes this allows the sound to play again. I'm assuming that the rca cables need to be changed to correct this. Is this a common fault with the technics 1210s after a fair few years use ?
    I've looked on YouTube and found loads of video tutorials on how the rca wires can be changed as anyone tried this recently and if so was it hard to do? Another question is what is the best rca replacement cables to buy?
    I look forward to some advise been passed my way if anyone as any knowledge of this and is willing to share.

Quote Originally Posted by djtone122 View Post
    Hi
    I've just noticed on 1 of my turntables ( technics 1210s mk3s) that I'm only sometimes gettin a signal through the left speaker when playin my vinyl. It seems to be hit and miss if any sound comes through at all. I've tried wiggling the wires to the turntable and sometimes this allows the sound to play again. I'm assuming that the rca cables need to be changed to correct this. Is this a common fault with the technics 1210s after a fair few years use ?
    I've looked on YouTube and found loads of video tutorials on how the rca wires can be changed as anyone tried this recently and if so was it hard to do? Another question is what is the best rca replacement cables to buy?
    I look forward to some advise been passed my way if anyone as any knowledge of this and is willing to share.
    I have done more than a few. Any shielded RCA cable will gt you through. If you wanna get fancy, get a pair of Audioquest cables. Otherwise, they literally sell the 1200 replacement kit (with ground mod) on Amazon.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

- Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

make sure your headshell is seated correctly and making a clean contact also...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal