Vci Problem

Thread: Vci Problem

Tech Convert

Default Vci Problem

hey guys my Vci just arrived and I must say its an awesome piece of kit!! have a blast fooling around with all the stuff,but Im having a few minor problems at the moment

first one,when IM playing with the effects bank,the button Located Under FX knob D is doing crazy stuff,Instead of Turning the desired effect on,If i have fx bank 1 selected it will Turn On the left Side Blue headphone light,

If I have FX bank 2 selected it will turn my controller to juggle mode untill I let it go

and if I have loops selected it will turn on the Right side headphone light

second problem is with my pitch faders
    when i start traktor I have the pitch set in the middle,if i pull the pitch all the way down it will go down once then,when i pull it back to the middle and go up,it will only go halfway up,then halfway down...sometimes it wont even pass the middle point and just go half way down
    But I can use the mouse to move it all the way up and down perfectly

Ive tried Reloading the tsi and nothing changed,is this a traktor settings problem??? or a problem with the new tsi??? or is my controller a dud??

any help would be muchly appreciated

your first problem is related to the firmware version of your vci. the 4th effect button problem. just get hold of a firmware kit and upgrade to 1.3

the pitch fading problem is just some additional midi assigments you have to do. search the pitch in the midi map and adjust it to your wishes..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

its a brand new VCI 100se from tech tools,shouldn't it already be equiped with the 1.3 firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout View Post
    its a brand new VCI 100se from tech tools,shouldn't it already be equiped with the 1.3 firmware?
    yeah, sorry.. didn't see the forum in which you posted..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout View Post

second problem is with my pitch faders
    when i start traktor I have the pitch set in the middle,if i pull the pitch all the way down it will go down once then,when i pull it back to the middle and go up,it will only go halfway up,then halfway down...sometimes it wont even pass the middle point and just go half way down
    But I can use the mouse to move it all the way up and down perfectly

Hey Tapout,

first- it sounds like you may have gotten an SE that didnt get 1.3 on it. Please send an email to orders@djtechtools.com and we will get it all sorted out.

to confirm if you have 1.3 follow these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right side will not toggle on and off.

on the pitch fader problem- the pitch fader is relative so if you hit sync you can alter the tempo after and the fader will be relative to the new tempo position. To reset the fader so it matches the software- hold shift and move the fader to center.

Tech Convert

haha just my luck!! stuff like this always happens to me :P

are you talking about the C/copy to C button??
    if so This is perminitly on,wont toggle on or off

Tech Convert

yeah still having the pitch fader problem cant get 100% range from them they only go so far,update firmware and everything,its this a tsi,firmware or traktor problem?

Tapout,

Go to preferences, then select Transport. In the top setting for Pitch, you will see a percentage under each deck letter on the Current Pitch line. Just change these numbers by clicking a number in the Reset Pitch Range line, obviously you would want to increase these numbers to get more pitch adjustment (the default for the 2.5 tsi is 10%).

Let us know if this sorts you out.

Phil.

Tech Convert

nah nothings changed the pitch fader on the vci moves right up and down but it will only take the fader up or down in traktor 49%,to get 100% range from traktor i have to use the mouse to move fader the rest of the way

Then try reading through this post:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653

Read post #5 from ribs. Step 2 is different in Traktor 1.2.3. After getting into the preferences, you click on Controller Manager, then Device and select the VCI. The rest is the same.

Phil.