Live act setup configutaion/behinger/volca/analog/arturia
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default Live act setup configutaion/behinger/volca/analog/arturia

    Hi everyone,
    I need some help with setup upgrade

    current;
    -macbook
    -speakrs
    -volca bass
    -volca sample
    -elektron analog four
    -cmd studio 4a

    new;
    -behringer 1208x
    -arturia beatstep pro

    I need sequncer for volca bass & sample. I've decided to try atruria beatstep pro. I also was thinking about mixer. I find behinger 1208x quite interesting because of its complexity.

    My questions is;
    1. how to connect sequencer to the mixer ?
    2. should sequencer be after or before mixer
    3. is cmd 4a studio in right place ?
    4. Does it make sens ?

    I will be glad if anyone can explain it to me easy way


  2. #2
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loludek View Post
    I find behinger 1208x quite interesting because of its complexity.

    My questions is;
    1. how to connect sequencer to the mixer ?
    2. should sequencer be after or before mixer
    3. is cmd 4a studio in right place ?
    4. Does it make sens ?

    I will be glad if anyone can explain it to me easy way
    Ok, Im gonna chime in that I'm REALLY confused by parts of the post.

    • The Volca's and the Electron already have sequencers. you should only need to sync the clocks ?
    • An external sequencer would not plug into the mixer.
    • The Behringer mixing desk is pretty basic .. nothing complex
    • The CMD can go into the stereo AUX channels on the mixer.


    Lastly, I would consider sending midi clock from the laptop to sync your DJ set with the synths (if you intend playing them together).

    Maybe I'm missing something.

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I would replace the Volca sample and Beatstep pro with an Elektron Digitakt. You would have advanced sampling and sequencing capabilities in a single box that does much more than the other two.

    Are you just trying to layer stuff over dj mixes or going more for a live performance?

  4. #4
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi,

    Thx for an answers.

    I will give up on beatstep pro. I am also thinking about changing mixer from 1204x to 1202x.
    As I've noticed the main difference are knobs instead of faders. Are there any more major differences between them ?

  5. #5
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loludek View Post
    Hi,
    I will give up on beatstep pro. I am also thinking about changing mixer from 1204x to 1202x. Are there any more major differences between them ?
    Yes a ton - if you cant spot them it probably wont make a difference, but they are significant.

  6. #6
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Thank You for an answers.
    I've ended up with :

    -behringer x1204usb
    -zoom ms70cdr for my volca bass

    Thanks to ;deevey & ;therushisloud

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Good luck! The zoom pedal looks fun.

  8. #8
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therushisloud View Post
    I would replace the Volca sample and Beatstep pro with an Elektron Digitakt. You would have advanced sampling and sequencing capabilities in a single box that does much more than the other two.

    Are you just trying to layer stuff over dj mixes or going more for a live performance?
    After 2 month I know You were right. Elektron Digitakt is coming soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •