XDJ-700 or XDJ-RX2 for home use
    Tech Convert

Default XDJ-700 or XDJ-RX2 for home use

After playing with Traktor and timecode vinyl and a X1 controller for 2 years, I want to get rid of my laptop for DJing. It's just too much hassle to connect everything in a small DJ booth while another DJ is playing before you.

I want to play with USB sticks on the club gear which is in 95% of the cases 2 CDJ2000s and a DJM900 mixer.

I'd like to resemble a club setup at home to make the transition as easy as possible, but I don't want to spend €5000 on CDJ2000s. What would be the best setup for me?
    In my DJ sets I use quite a lot of loops and then it's nice if I can sync them, so Pro DJ Link with ethernet cable would be nice.

I'm leaning towards 2 XDJ700s with my current mixer or a XDJ-RX2, but I'm not too keen on all-in-one systems.
    - What would you advise?
    - How is the looping function on these players? I'm used to create loops up to 32 beats in Traktor.
    - Are there any other Pioneer players that I have missed?
    Last edited by Zandah; 09-18-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandah View Post
    After playing with Traktor and timecode vinyl and a X1 controller for 2 years, I want to get rid of my laptop for DJing. It's just too much hassle to connect everything in a small DJ booth while another DJ is playing before you.

I want to play with USB sticks on the club gear which is in 95% of the cases 2 CDJ2000s and a DJM900 mixer.

I'd like to resemble a club setup at home to make the transition as easy as possible, but I don't want to spend €5000 on CDJ2000s. What would be the best setup for me?
    In my DJ sets I use quite a lot of loops and then it's nice if I can sync them, so Pro DJ Link with ethernet cable would be nice.

I'm leaning towards 2 XDJ700s with my current mixer or a XDJ-RX2, but I'm not too keen on all-in-one systems.
    - What would you advise?
    - How is the looping function on these players? I'm used to create loops up to 32 beats in Traktor.
    - Are there any other Pioneer players that I have missed?
    Is your home mixer a 4 channel mixer? If so, get the 700's so you can expand later. If not, get the 700's so you can expand later. :-p.

jk. It really depends on how you run your business. If you are a mobile DJ that regularly takes your equipment to gigs, than the RX2 is perfect for you.

If you're equipment always stays home, the 700's are the better option. They are small enough to carry with you to gigs where you want to have four decks and in the price range where you arent breaking the bank to have something at home to keep you in the Rekordbox environment.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

i own a pair of xdj700s for home use and i absolutely love them. i regularly mix on an xdj rx (1) as well. even tho i will strongly recommend the xdj rx, it still feels a bit like a controller. if you dont like all in one controllers, you will like this one. but, you will like the xdj700s or modular units in general more.