Question on Traktor Compatibility with new set up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It is going to be a $5,000 investment to I am trying to get as much feedback as possible to make sure this is the right move. I have the latest Mac Os and Traktor versions.
    Personally I'd make the jump to Rekordbox. You only need to do the conversion once, and you will be able to get the most out of the XDJ's (not to mention already have everything prepped should you be playing on house equipment).

$5000 is alot of money to spend on something when you cant use all the features properly - if you REALLY don't want to switch from traktor however theres probably some deals knocking around on Mk1's. Theres really nothing that the MK2 would really add to a Traktor setup (with the exception more wires and USB hub required).

It'd save you around $800 that you could spend on some other fancy toys or hold buying out until HID becomes a reality (if ever) for the MK2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    True but I understand why if money is not a problem.
    - as a longterm Traktor user he want a better hardware than NI can ever offer.
    - he needs platters for deck control
    - because of NI's lack of third party hardware support he's forced to buy expensive CDJ/XDJ just to use them as controllers, in the same manner as my two cheap portable SC2000's do the job
    - a good mixer is a centerpiece of every setup, that will outlast other bits so it's worth to spend more on it

Thanks all. This is really good info and feedback.

SlayForMoney, you absolutely got my need...and when you add that I want to continue using 4 decks, it appears my idea is non-feasible. I guess I am stuck with my S4 for a while It seems the right compromise for what I want to do anyway...

Thx

Or you could buy secondhand XDJ-1000mk1 - save some money, get Traktor HID support

Also, bear in mind you will also need a X1 or some other controller for Traktor FX's.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I think you'll need a small additional controller anyway if you want to use 4 decks. Switching decks on a CDJ/XDJ in HID takes like 5 seconds, it will get annoying quickly.

Tech Convert

Thanks all>

How about the Pioneer DDJ SX2 with Traktor. Seems like it would have Pioneer hardware and soundcard quality with the convenience of seamless integration with Traktor, no? Any threads out there about people using this controller with Traktor? thx.

fdelas

Quote Originally Posted by Fdelas View Post
    Thanks all>

How about the Pioneer DDJ SX2 with Traktor. Seems like it would have Pioneer hardware and soundcard quality with the convenience of seamless integration with Traktor, no? Any threads out there about people using this controller with Traktor? thx.

fdelas
    I really doubt Pioneer's audio interfaces are any better quality than Native Instruments'... In fact I'd probably go the other way.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    I really doubt Pioneer's audio interfaces are any better quality than Native Instruments'... In fact I'd probably go the other way.
    Thanks!!! For some reason, I thought the hardware and soundcard would be superior but this is good to know. Again, one more reason to stick to NI plug and play.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Fdelas View Post
    Thanks!!! For some reason, I thought the hardware and soundcard would be superior but this is good to know. Again, one more reason to stick to NI plug and play.

thx
    Pioneer quality reputation is mostly marketing. Rather, any lead in quality is mostly marketing. Pretty much all hardware released recently will have decent sound quality
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

Thanks HappyDan and all! This convesation was very useful.

If you are looking for sound quality in an interface, NI is where it's at. I have an Apollo Twin, Komplete 6, and Audio Kontrol 1. Needless to say, my Apollo Twin rarely sees use anymore. I fell in love with the sound of my Komplete 6.

That aside, for deejaying, go pioneer. THeir DJ hardware is on point. It's their main focus, so they won't toss it by the wayside. Their software is making amazing leaps forward as well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12