vstimidi F1 (Traktor Mapping)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Default vstimidi F1 (Traktor Mapping)

Hey Guys,

I uploaded my first ever made mapping for Kontrol F1
    This mapping is something I've made for my backup controller but it packs some serious power nonetheless.

Go to MIDIMAPS

nice. i'll have a good look. and thank you already...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    nice. i'll have a good look. and thank you already...
    Welcome mate!

Let me know how it works for you, I play techno so this set of effects are my favorites.

haven't stress tested it yet. the workflow is quite different from what i am used to with my other f1 mappings. i`ll juggle it with my next home mix (techno as well)

It should be stable enough as the FX layer is a two year old mapping that always worked fine. Only the sequencer is newly added.

Finally getting around to testing it for real.

Needs fixing:
    - SwappableFX(Unit4): condition (FXUnitMode=Group/Single) for button 1 to alternately toggle FXUnit=On/Off in SingleMode toggles FXUnit2 On/Off in SingleMode instead of FXUnit4.
    F1.jpg
    - Pressing the Knob in FX Mode clears (unloads) deck D (sequencer deck). It's not supposed to do that, right?

Edit:
    btw, i can't find the toggle to switch from FX-controls to volume/filter controls (second mapping, modifier#1, ch12cc003). Did you remove it?

Edit2: Another small technicality. Should be Deck C instead of Deck A in the third of the marked lines.
    F1b.jpg
    Last edited by Sulherokhh; 10-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Haven't used the sequencer much, just a bit of testing. 16 pads are not enough for me using 4 slots.

I love your presets and their distribution among the 3 pages!

Finally getting around to testing it for real.
    Thank you for the feedback and hunting down all the bugs! I've fixed them all and updated the mapping page with new version.

- SwappableFX(Unit4): condition (FXUnitMode=Group/Single) for button 1 to alternately toggle FXUnit=On/Off in SingleMode toggles FXUnit2 On/Off in SingleMode instead of FXUnit4.
    F1.jpg
    - Pressing the Knob in FX Mode clears (unloads) deck D (sequencer deck). It's not supposed to do that, right?
    Fixed both issues. I usually add the Unload command to the mapping and map it to which ever button/knob CC I heed to find/locate/edit in the assignments table. Sometimes I forget to delete it before uploading and only for that reason the unload is used in particular because it's very easy to notice.

If you look under the device#3 in v1.0 you will find it located at the bottom of the commands list. Simply forgot to delete it when I lastly edited the mapping

Edit:
    btw, i can't find the toggle to switch from FX-controls to volume/filter controls (second mapping, modifier#1, ch12cc003). Did you remove it?
    Yes. Only the modifier was removed but the commands are still in the mapping if I ever want to enable them again.

Edit2: Another small technicality. Should be Deck C instead of Deck A in the third of the marked lines.
    F1b.jpg
    Fixed - thanks!

Haven't used the sequencer much, just a bit of testing. 16 pads are not enough for me using 4 slots.

I love your presets and their distribution among the 3 pages!
    Sequencer is what I use mostly. It's bad that Traktor has a bug with LED feedback on PC's but it should be usable when you memorize positions of all controls in the sequencer layer. On mac it works perfectly...
    Glad that you like my presets they are super handy, especially when you work with just 16 pads.

I think i will put in the switch at least for the slot filters, maybe replacing the reverse grain fx. faders will stay with the FXUnit1/2.

One more small glitch: fader tape delay (layer 3, fader 4) switches the unit on only sporadically when pulled down to zero. Makes catching a soundbit a bit of a gamble.

And yeah, the LED's for the step sequencer have a small party here and there...

I think i will put in the switch at least for the slot filters, maybe replacing the reverse grain fx. faders will stay with the FXUnit1/2.

One more small glitch: fader tape delay (layer 3, fader 4) switches the unit on only sporadically when pulled down to zero. Makes catching a soundbit a bit of a gamble.

And yeah, the LED's for the step sequencer have a small party here and there...
    The tape delay fader seems to be working fine at my end. Maybe it is the fader itself bleeding out? Did you try to remap it to some other knob/rotary on F1?

I am going to change the mapping so the effect switches on by first 2 or 3 values. That should do the job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast