Pioneer DDJ-SB2 humming sound.
    Tech Student

Default Pioneer DDJ-SB2 humming sound.

Hooked up the setup per usual to brand new KRK Rokit 6 speakers, and found there's a very loud noise when the speakers are set to 0db (neutral). I have to turn the speakers all the way down to -30db before the sound goes away and everything is fine.

Only does this with that controller attached. I have plugged other sources of audio into the speakers and use them normally. (Volume at 0db).

Any ideas why? I've read it's a common issue, but no one has solved it yet. I'll be upgrading to 2 XDJ1000MK2's and a DJM750MK2 in the near future, but for the mean time any help would be appreciated!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MadGeebs View Post
    Hooked up the setup per usual to brand new KRK Rokit 6 speakers, and found there's a very loud noise when the speakers are set to 0db (neutral). I have to turn the speakers all the way down to -30db before the sound goes away and everything is fine.

Only does this with that controller attached. I have plugged other sources of audio into the speakers and use them normally. (Volume at 0db).

Any ideas why? I've read it's a common issue, but no one has solved it yet. I'll be upgrading to 2 XDJ1000MK2's and a DJM750MK2 in the near future, but for the mean time any help would be appreciated!
    Ground Hum is the most likely culprit from the unbalanced RCA outputs of the SB2

A ground loop isolator or DI box with ground lift should do the trick and use USB cable with a ferrite core as well if you arent using one already.

https://www.amazon.com/Phono-Ground-...+loop+isolator

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PDC2...845Y9Q8PHCSTFG

im going to take a guess and say that you are running RCAs from your controller to your Rokits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    im going to take a guess and say that you are running RCAs from your controller to your Rokits?
    That's the only choice with the SB2.

Purchase a chroma cable from the DJTT store and see if it fixes the hum issue.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    That's the only choice with the SB2.
    im saying he needs an audio interface or mixer in between the rokits and sb2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    im saying he needs an audio interface or mixer in between the rokits and sb2
    A ground lift at most is all he needs, probably just a new USB cable

Most mid level club mixers until 2000 or thereabouts did not have balanced outputs and we survived just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

Most mid level club mixers until 2000 or thereabouts did not have balanced outputs and we survived just fine.
    SO much truth in this statement. People are beyond spoiled now-a-days.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6