Please help to identify this DJ controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help to identify this DJ controller

Hi everyone,

I have this DJ controller but I don't know exactly which brand/model it is and how it works. Does anybody any idea will be appreciated? If yes, please help me to answer these questions below:

1. What is exactly the model?
    2. Does it play with popular DJ software such as Traktor, Serato, Virtual DJ and how to do that?
    3. Does it have a dedicated DJ software from its brand like RekordBox for Pioneer DJ controller?
    4. Does it have a user guide?

Currently, I can use it as a DJM (DJ mixer) because it supports 2 AUX/Phono lines for 2 decks, but only Gain/EQ bar, Up-fader, X-fader, Booth/Master volume knob can be used for this case.

Many thanks in advance.
    Best Regards.

DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0204.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-21-2017 at 09:13 AM.

I assume you googled the shit out of that TOS-AUDIO name? Probably some China generic controller that's produced under 10 different names. Unfortunately, seems like a quite old model so your chances for a user guide and ready mapping files seems quite slim at the moment.
    Good news is there is nothing stoping you from mapping it yourself to the DJ software of your choice. Unless your choice is Serato. And RekordboxDJ.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I assume you googled the shit out of that TOS-AUDIO name? Probably some China generic controller that's produced under 10 different names. Unfortunately, seems like a quite old model so your chances for a user guide and ready mapping files seems quite slim at the moment.
    Good news is there is nothing stoping you from mapping it yourself to the DJ software of your choice. Unless your choice is Serato. And RekordboxDJ.
    Hi buddy,

Thanks for your information. I tried to map it to Traktor but nothing happened. Is there any DJ software else that allow me to map the controller?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I saw it before but can't remember the name. It's a Geminy Ctrl 7 ripoff basically.

Since it has a sound card plug it in to the computer and see how system recognizes it (by which name).

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Hehe ... "Designed and Engineered in THE Canada"

As Stewe said it looks to be an OEM CTRL 7. And could be mapped with VDJ, Traktor and Mixxx just fine. Looks like you are missing pitch faders though.

@Stewe @deevay: Thanks for your response. It's like what you two said, my DJ controller really looks like Gemini CNTRL-7. I also connected it to the PC and the PC showed 2 sound cards recognized are USB AUDIO MAIN, USB AUDIO PHONE. Not any brand name shown. Somebody told me it might be a copy of Gemini and released under 10 different brand names.

@deevay: can you show me what benefit from Mixxx compare to others popular DJ softwares?

Thank guys.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by soundwizard View Post
    @deevay: can you show me what benefit from Mixxx compare to others popular DJ softwares?

Thank guys.
    It's free

This is a TOS Audio Broken Pitch Fader 5000.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

It's not a copy of the Gemini controller. That is an "off the shelf" controller from Welljoint called the MIDI-6 that is being branded under TOS AUDIO. It looks like it's bundled with VDJ LE (like like the Gemini branded version), so that's going to be your best bet as far as software goes. However, it's probably compatible with any MIDI-capable software.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    It's not a copy of the Gemini controller. That is an "off the shelf" controller from Welljoint called the MIDI-6 that is being branded under TOS AUDIO. It looks like it's bundled with VDJ LE (like like the Gemini branded version), so that's going to be your best bet as far as software goes. However, it's probably compatible with any MIDI-capable software.
    Yes, you're right. With your information, I could search on the internet and see that I can find it with 2 names: Well Joint MIDI-6 or Well Joint FFKTRL which come with VirtualDJ LE 7. I just found that when I connect it to VirtualDJ it's also recognized as Gemini CTRL-SIX in the Sound Card Setup. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast