Roland DJ-808 Traktor mapping - Questions (before I start mapping) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Why are there two dedicated hotcue output commands for each cue?
    And check the controller range: min value should be set to -1
    I have no clue, I just used Freddi's mapping from here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/846
    And edited the Decks from A/B to A/C with CMDR.
    Then I made a copy of his, and changed Deck A/B to B/D.

The dedicated hotcue-output commands...
    Could that be because of color Cue 1,2,3,4 are orange and 5,6,7,8 are green?
    Min. value... You talking about these LED-output values right?
    I'll set them to -1, tomorrow.

Thanks again Stewe.
    Last edited by bascurtiz; 10-10-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    Current DJ Gear: Kontrol S8 | Denon DN-SC2000 | V-Moda XS / Logitech Z5500
    Past:
    Numark 4TRAK / Kontrol X1 + Z1 + F1 / Novation Twitch / Denon MC3000
    Reloop Jockey 3 Remix / M-Audio Xponent / V-Moda Crossfade LP

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    Could that be because of color Cue 1,2,3,4 are orange and 5,6,7,8 are green?
    Still wouldn't make sense because each hotcue has a duplicate command (Deck A/Hotcue 1 Type assignments Ch.1CC74 and Ch.1CC75 and so for it). Those different LED colors could also be defined in the hardware built in layer (if supported). Since the values are set a sort of inverted my guess is that one was used to display loaded cue slot and the second one shuts the LED down when the slot is empty.
    Or that second one could control the LED brightness if your controller supports that. Like the Midifighter does natively.
    Last edited by Stewe; 10-10-2017 at 08:33 PM.

I went to the official website of these Denons here: http://denondj.com/products/view/dn-sc2000#downloads
    and downloaded the "Traktor Pro 2.4 Deck Mapping files (.tsi)" from there, to see how its mapped.

The 2-deck version resembles the same usage of CC.074 + CC.075 on either Ch.01 (Deck A) or Ch.02 (Deck B).

The 4-deck one shows something interesting:

Whereas the Hotcue 1 type DeckA ch.05.cc.074 + ch.05.cc.075 are both represented
    (and indeed do some invert/swap on the midi-range min.0 / max.17 vs. min.17 / max.0).

When I swap these values, so CC.074 gets min.17 / max.0 and CC.075 gets min.0 / max.17 instead,
    then the button hotcue 1 lights up when there's no cuepoint, and lights-off when there is one.
    So that's what these CC's are for obviously.

But also check out these different midi-channels for the different decks (B,C,D) with same Midi-CC.
    Perhaps I should just use a different midi-channel for Deck B/C/D like shown here...
    Past:

On 4-deck version, when you press the the Deck Change button, does the Modifier 7 cycles only four values? (1-2-3-4)
    Also create a new mapping and test the Deck Change button without the modifier involved. My guess is that on each press it changes the midi channel but only thing that I can't really tell is does it needs a modifier to trigger deck change via different Midi channel.

As for the hotcues, you can try Hotcue X State modifier. With this one you can define which midi range will be used for each of seven different states (cue types). Start with only two output commands with Ch.1.CC74 assigned to Deck A.

Hotcue 1 Type / Modifier=Deck A Hotcue 1 State / Value=None (-)
    Controller Range = -1 to 5
    Midi Range = 0 to 0

Hotcue 1 Type / Modifier=Deck A Hotcue 1 State / Value=Cue
    Controller Range = -1 to 5
    Midi Range = 0 to 127

When pressing Deck Change button in a new generic-midi mapping and activate LEARN, it switches between the following values:
    Ch01.Note.D#-1 and Ch02.Note.D#-1

Counts for both units.
    When the 4-deck version is imported Deck Change button does the same as above.
    How do i see this Modifier 7 to cycle?

-

Regarding Hotcues/X State modifier, I'll have to look into that yet.

-

Meanwhile, I've tried this mapping here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4681
    This mapping needs you to set the midi-channels a lil' different than with the original 4-deck mapping of Denon itself.

I've changed the midi-channels for the deck on the right, using this scheme:

So Deck A/C (CH1-2) is left, Deck B/D (CH3-4) is right.

In his description it doesnt state how you set the IN/OUT-ports, for your units in Traktor, so I've edited his, remaining all the Ch.01 + Ch.02 stuff (=Deck A/C) in 1 mapping, which i then assign to the DN-SC2000.

Then I've edited his again, remaining all the Ch.03 + Ch.04 stuff (=DeckB/D) in 1 mapping, which i then assign to the DN-SC2000 #2.

It works, except Hotcue 1 on Deck D.
    Have to dig in what I missed/deleted too much here...

Then again,
    Altho this looks like my original idea - to change the midi-channels to seperate the units - it still has this lighting-issue going on.

You can download my edit here: https://mega.nz/#!wBhSAAQb!SGlI2r35l...c1WAqK57RbqoSU
    To be continued.
    Past:

So with multiple mappings tried out there still problem with LED's... I looks like that's a power issue then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    And check the controller range: min value should be set to -1
    If I set the Hotcue 1 type for CC.74 and CC.75 to -1 , the hotcue buttons stay on:

When unplugging the usb-cable and repluggin it, the hotcues go dimmed.
    The moment I open up Traktor and is ready, the hotcues go on (without a track loaded).

EDIT 1:
    When I assign both mappings to IN/OUT-port 'None' and do the above, the hotcues remain dimmed.
    Doesnt this show it IS actually a midi-mapping thingie/issue?

EDIT 2:
    When I use this mapping https://mega.nz/#!wBhSAAQb!SGlI2r35l...c1WAqK57RbqoSU (with 0 instead of -1 midirange-wise) with 1 unit connected, all works, including lights off, the moment Traktor is ready.
    Tried both usb-cables, both work. Tried both mappings (A/C + B/D) + switched Midi-channel on this 1 unit. Set IN/OUT-port to this unit for A/C mapping or only for B/D mapping. All works.
    ASLONG I've connected 1 unit, that is...
    Last edited by bascurtiz; 10-12-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Past:

Fixed!
    When i set either my mapping or this one as stated earlier, https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4681 and IN/OUT-port to All Ports, the lights do go off, when Traktor opened up and ready. (and on when slots are filled with hotcues)

Somehow it doesn't when u assigned the DN-SC2000 or DN-SC2000#2 to the splitted mappings.
    You have to use All Ports either on the spliited mappings or the 1 mapping for 4 decks.
    Bug in Traktor?

The only thing that's not working, as mentioned before, is a hotcue 1 for Deck D. Prolly missing in his mapping (and so in mine).
    I'll dig in from here.

EDIT:
    Uploaded the fixed version - including working Hotcue1 for deck D - here:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/7703
    Last edited by bascurtiz; 10-13-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    Past:

I'm using a 4 deck mapping that also requires All ports selected with 2 different midi channels on the units but to tell you the truth, I never thought about changing that. I just changed the mixers midi channel to avoid conflicts.
    Stewe, if I remember correctly, units deck change and FX unit buttons are hardware modifiers and sel button for hotcues changes the LED color for them and probably also changes midi.
    Dimmed state is probably determined by a specific midi value, I remember reading about it. Is it not visible when looking through the mapping?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Dimmed state is probably determined by a specific midi value, I remember reading about it. Is it not visible when looking through the mapping?
    This would explain why there's a duplicate of a command for each hotcue. One is a regular output control Hotcue State and the second one is probably there to control the LED brightness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast