Mc 4000 + traktor: Possible to map transport as serato?

Default Mc 4000 + traktor: Possible to map transport as serato?

I'm about to buy a Denon MC 4000 and I've seen some vídeos where the mapping doesn't work as in Serato which is quite better IMO.

So that is, I want my transport and other leds flashing, blinking or whatever you call it in Traktor just as they do with Serato, is there a way to do it? Why the default Traktor mapping doesn’t do it?

I mean how the play/pause and cue buttons blink/flash when decks are paused, that way you have more sense of “something going on” and always know which deck it’s paused and which not without looking at the laptop’s screen.

Also I wanted to know if someone is using the Denon MC4000 with Traktor, what's is his/her own experience with them.

Thanks in advance.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

You can make led output do pretty much anything you want in Traktor. Stewe, I am sure will chime in here shortly. He is the map master.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I never owned anything from Denon but I've heard that some of their controllers have a blink/flash button state built in to the hardware. Maybe yours does too. You can easily check if your controller supports it if you test each Midi velocity value (normally it's set to 127 for button state ON - start from that point and see what each value does to the LED button). Hint- you can click on the value and drag it down with your mouse.

Or look that up in the User Manual

Traktor unfortunately doesn't support that same LED option that Serato does but if you don't use the Loop Recorder you can hit play on the recorder and than map it's playback position to come up with some pretty cool patterns (up to 32 beats long)

Many thanks to both of you guys,

I'll try what you suggested Stewe as the MC4000 manual is just a user guide and it's not very comprehensive, I hope maybe something else will come in the box when I'll receive the controller.

Another cuestion arised: Will both the map and the controller work with Traktor 2.8.1? I'm asking because Denon says is for 2.9

I still use 2.8.1 because it's the one that works best for me and I've no need to update.

Thanks again.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

It should be all good mate. 2.9 launched Stem Decks functionality so Denon probably only added Slot Mute, FX On and other sub-mix controls for Stems but the rest of the mapping should be back compatible to 2.6

That's good news, thank you pal.

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    That's good news, thank you pal.
    Welcome