Hi being an older Dj I often get to play Sunday Jazz and RnB chill sessions .
My main competitor Djs in this area of the world are Djs that play someones pre mixed jazz or RnB mixs ( like and hour mixes etc ) they got from the net from places like Sound Clould etc .
When Im doing a house set I can differentiate myself with scratching live beat mixing , sometimes making mastakes they realise they are listening to a live Dj rather than listening to a premix some local dj got off the net . , However with Jazz and Rnb sessions I find that harder to do .with differnt BPMs etc .
I do use my Hi pass filter to mix in some tracks and use the Serato combo fade echo on some tracks as well to mix it up .
My wife thinks I should just give up and play premixes and lipsink Djing like the other Djs here. I cant do that as I love mixing , passionate about Djing and see that as cheating . . But im losing gigs to guys using ( other professional real Djs ) slick premixes ( that they got off the net etc ) and lip sinking Djing .
So Im looking at was to make my RnB and Jazz sessions more interesting ..
P.s using serato and a Reloop TM8 ( sometimes my backup Vestax Vci 100 mk if travelling )
thanks for your help