Twister Basic Questions

Default Twister Basic Questions

Hi

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place or very simple questions...... but I'm getting myself very confused.

Simply, I have Ableton Live 9.7 on Windows PC and have just got a Midi Fighter Twister.

Set it up, had a quick play - looks great. I've mapped some of the controls to a soft synth in Live - just what i wanted get a more hands on feel to play soft synth with.

However this is where I get really confused - even after reading on internet. How do I save the midi mapping i've made so i can use it with my twister next time I load up Live and that soft synth?

Thanks in advance
    M

Quote Originally Posted by trash116 View Post
    Hi

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place or very simple questions...... but I'm getting myself very confused.

Simply, I have Ableton Live 9.7 on Windows PC and have just got a Midi Fighter Twister.

Set it up, had a quick play - looks great. I've mapped some of the controls to a soft synth in Live - just what i wanted get a more hands on feel to play soft synth with.

However this is where I get really confused - even after reading on internet. How do I save the midi mapping i've made so i can use it with my twister next time I load up Live and that soft synth?

Thanks in advance
    M
    Unless it's changed, the MIDI mapping is saved in the live project file. Creating a template file that you use to start projects works.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Unless it's changed, the MIDI mapping is saved in the live project file. Creating a template file that you use to start projects works.
    Yup, that applies to ALL manual mappings in Ableton, not just Twister's.

If you are using the script you can use the device control bit which packs them in banks of 8 controls and you can easily navigate more pages if needed.