UC-33 with Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UC-33 with Traktor

Hey guys,
    I just got myself an Evolution UC-33 controller because i felt like that was what i needed to control my Traktor. Now i'm trying to set it up, i'm having problems with mapping the faders and knobs.
    The controller shows up and is activated in Midi interface but when i try to assign something with Learn nothing happens.

Anyone using the uc-33 with Traktor or can help me out with this anyway?
    Any useful .tks files to start with maybe?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2left2right View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just got myself an Evolution UC-33 controller because i felt like that was what i needed to control my Traktor. Now i'm trying to set it up, i'm having problems with mapping the faders and knobs.
    The controller shows up and is activated in Midi interface but when i try to assign something with Learn nothing happens.

Anyone using the uc-33 with Traktor or can help me out with this anyway?
    Any useful .tks files to start with maybe?

Thanks!
    Thats kind of weird, the device is showing but its not sending midi?

When you do manage to get it working please tell us how it feels.

If the midi learn isnt learning anything then a traktor tks file isnt going to fix your problem. Try reinstalling, or even better updating the drivers if it uses them.

Yeah i know, it's kinda weird. I'm still waiting for my know-all-about-music-equipment-guy to come back from London to fix this for me. But i just want to try it out NOW.. if you know what i mean.

The thing is, it shouldn't use any drivers at all. So it should just work.. plug and PLAY.. right?

I have a Uc33 no preblem with mapping. Did you activate the uc 33 in traktor? An x must be there in the midi devices setup.

Thanks guys, i got it working now!
    Now i just have to start assigning and then the fun starts..
    i'll let you know how i like it and if it will work out as i want it to.

Cheers!

Yeah when I first got into traktor I was confused why my xsp wasn't working... the little x wasn't there. lol
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

One quick question on the UC-33: how do the buttons feel? Hard or rather soft?

The buttons are quite soft but also kinda hard. If that makes sense? I mean they are rubber soft but they are not bouncy or anything. Hope this helps. I'm having problems with assigning them tho to functions in Traktor. I'm kinda new to this whole MIDI mapping thing.. so if you maybe know what the problem is, that would be highly appreciated.

You said it worked? When notes and CC's are showing up, just learn them to the appropriate function.

On the buttons: would it be possible to do 1/16 presses on them?

Yes everything works except the buttons on the right side.. If i try to "learn" them in Traktor they all want to do the same function.

I don't know what you mean by 1/16.. sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast