Marco Carola Traktor f1
    Tech Convert

Default Marco Carola Traktor f1

Hello! Need help. I would like to know how boss marco carola configures his kontrol f1 to do his loops on deck C & D. Is there any mapping?
    Thank you.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juniorb92 View Post
    Hello! Need help. I would like to know how boss marco carola configures his kontrol f1 to do his loops on deck C & D. Is there any mapping?
    Thank you.
    He probably uses the native F1 mapping for Remix Decks. Can you post a video where you saw him using his F1?

You don't need a mapping - just load a Remix Deck into Deck C and Deck D, then switch between them:

Setting the Current Remix Deck Focus on the F1

If you have more than one Deck set as a Remix Deck, you can quickly switch between Remix Decks with the F1 by changing its Deck focus:

1. Press and hold the SHIFT button.

2. While continuing to hold SHIFT, turn the encoder knob to the left or right one notch — the Pad Matrix is divided into 2x2 squares, and the square representing the current Remix Deck begins to flash (YELLOW). At the same time, the 7-segment display indicates the current Deck: "dA" is Deck A, "dB" is Deck B, and so on.

3. As you continue holding SHIFT, keep turning the encoder knob to skip from one Remix Deck to another until you land on Deck C or D, whichever one we want to control. Each notch on the encoder knob will move to another Deck, if more Remix Decks are available.
    If there is no Deck set to the Remix Deck Flavor, then the F1's 2x2 quadrants will not light up.

4. Release the SHIFT button.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    He probably uses the native F1 mapping for Remix Decks. Can you post a video where you saw him using his F1?
    thanks for answering.
    I have 2 videos:

min 14

First video (14min) he shows the 4 decks on his macbook and seems to be 4 track decks.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You don't need a mapping - just load a Remix Deck into Deck C and Deck D, then switch between them:

Setting the Current Remix Deck Focus on the F1

If you have more than one Deck set as a Remix Deck, you can quickly switch between Remix Decks with the F1 by changing its Deck focus:

1. Press and hold the SHIFT button.

2. While continuing to hold SHIFT, turn the encoder knob to the left or right one notch — the Pad Matrix is divided into 2x2 squares, and the square representing the current Remix Deck begins to flash (YELLOW). At the same time, the 7-segment display indicates the current Deck: "dA" is Deck A, "dB" is Deck B, and so on.

3. As you continue holding SHIFT, keep turning the encoder knob to skip from one Remix Deck to another until you land on Deck C or D, whichever one we want to control. Each notch on the encoder knob will move to another Deck, if more Remix Decks are available.
    If there is no Deck set to the Remix Deck Flavor, then the F1's 2x2 quadrants will not light up.

4. Release the SHIFT button.
    thanks for answering.
    https://files.soniccdn.com/attachmen...7d0f21d173.jpg

see in the photo that he does not use the remix decks but 4 track decks.
    When I do loops with my F1 on the C & D track decks he gives the error, does not record. It only works on remix decks.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juniorb92 View Post
    thanks for answering.
    I have 2 videos:

min 14

First video (14min) he shows the 4 decks on his macbook and seems to be 4 track decks.
    You are correct. Those definitely looks like a Track Decks.
    He must be using a custom mapping for transport controls for decks C and D. (basically the X1 controls for C/D custom mapped to an F1)

I think what it does is duplicate tracks A and B on C and D. Each pad has a different loop length. Other pads use them to duplicate and empty tracks and maybe others for some effect.
    Sorry about the English, I used a translator.