DJ mixer phono to Bluetooth Speaker

Default DJ mixer phono to Bluetooth Speaker

Hi guys,

New member here.

I’m a long time bedroom DJ and I’ve just purchased a set of Stanton turntables.

Due to lack of space at home (and a nagging wife) I’m having to pack my equipment away once I’ve finished playing. The decks are in flight cases so that’s not too much of an issue. But having to keep packing up cumbersome speakers and hifi equipment is becoming a pain.

What I’m looking for is a Bluetooth transmitter to plug into my analogue mixer so I can connect it with my Sony Bluetooth speaker. I’ve done a bit of googling but I’m struggling to find anything 100% conclusive that will definitely work with an analogue mixer and most imortantly won’t create a delay in sound, making mixing difficult.

Sorry if this question had been posed before and also if I’ve posted in the incorrect section.

Thanking you in advance for any helpful replies.

Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by SunglassesRon View Post
    and most imortantly won’t create a delay in sound, making mixing difficult.
    Unfortunately, any kind of wireless transmission in the signal chain inherently adds latency in the sound output from such speakers. My suggestion is to get a small 8" active PA or monitor speaker to simplify the setup instead of going the wireless route.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Unfortunately, any kind of wireless transmission in the signal chain inherently adds latency in the sound output from such speakers. My suggestion is to get a small 8" active PA or monitor speaker to simplify the setup instead of going the wireless route.

Yeah I thought that would be the case.

Time to trawl eBay for a cheap active speaker 👍

Thanks buddy.