Changing values sent from an encoder

Question Changing values sent from an encoder

Hi,
    I got the DJTT Midifighter Twister Ableton 9.6 Midi Map. However, i was just looking for a script so that I can assign my encoders how I want, not a mapping that I cannot that easily modify within ableton. So I just went to the Map.py file and change the channel (1st line) and now everything works fine somehow.

I'm just trying to figure out something more : how to map an encoder to record arm. On an other controller I just changed de Off Value to 127 and it would work, but I can't do this from the Midi Fighter Utility. Can I somehow modify this behavior in the python files ? Where should I look ?

Thanks for reading and for your answer!

MiluX

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

While the values sent from the encoders can't be configured via the MF Utility you could use Bome's Midi software to translate velocity value to how ever you need.

Thanks Stewe.
    I found a workout with the free program midiStroke. I just send a keystroke on both the 0 and 127 value of the encoder and assign this keystroke in Ableton, that's the simplest way I found yet...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milux View Post
    Thanks Stewe.
    I found a workout with the free program midiStroke. I just send a keystroke on both the 0 and 127 value of the encoder and assign this keystroke in Ableton, that's the simplest way I found yet...
    Brilliant!