Beginner wants to learn scratching - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ya rane definitely has a deal with serato, however the ttm56s does not have a soundcard or anything so it can just as easily be used with traktor.. the z2 is also a decent mixer, with the traktor soundcard included so i would consider that as well.

you are certainly on the right track going with an actual mixer and TT over a controller , regardless of what you pick.

id also suggest getting a couple "real" battle records and just learn with those over the dvs/mp3... the newest dvs systems are very good, but the feel of real vinyl still isnt exactly replicated IMHO
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by cnfdnc View Post
    Thanks for the the cheaper options like pideck and mixxx but I think I'm about to get a mixer at least. Scratching without mixer/fader doesn't seem to do the job.

Could you please tell me more about innofader.com: I checked it but could not fully understand
    Pideck and Mixxx are working WITH your own mixer, they are replacing the software which you have to otherwise pay (traktor, serato, rekordbox). Not to mention you'll need a specs compatible laptop with traktor, serato, rekordbox, but not with pideck. Of course pideck offers just basics but that is all you need for scratching, check their videos.

Crossfader is the core element for scratching and not every mixer has a good one. You can get a cheap used mixer, drop in the innofader in and the mixer becomes perfect for scratching.

If you get a mixer with soundcard in it you'll have to take the mixer with you where you gig, otherwise just the soundcard (and laptop), assuming the club provides the mixer and tables.

Tech Convert

Any thoughts about these two affordable DVS mixers?

http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xone-23c/
    http://www.djtechpro.com/eng/product-details.php?id=2 about 200$

I am considering the DJM-250 (about 350$) now but it seems that rekordbox dvs is not good enough yet so maybe I will be using it with other Dvs apps
    The cheapest Serato dvs mixerс (with serato dvs software) are Rane ttm-56s and Mixars Duo (about 850$ each) and I think is a bit expensive for total beginner.
    Last edited by cnfdnc; 10-19-2017 at 10:51 AM.

The Dif1s does not have a built in soundcard.

The 23C is a solid mixer and you will be more than happy with it.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    The Dif1s does not have a built in soundcard.

The 23C is a solid mixer and you will be more than happy with it.
    Do not hang me for this... but why I need one(build in soundcard) at home?It should work with the laptop soundcard, correct?I am not actually think of go pro with that low budget hardware
    Last edited by cnfdnc; 10-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Do not hang me for this... but why I need one(build in soundcard) at home?It should work with the laptop soundcard, correct?I am not actually think of go pro with that low budget hardware
    For DVS control, you will need an audio interface with phono pre-amps. You will not be able to use the laptop built in soundcard.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    For DVS control, you will need an audio interface with phono pre-amps. You will not be able to use the laptop built in soundcard.
    I checked it and understand it now I think. So if the Mixer has PHONO inputs that means that it has soundcard built-in and PHONO intputs indicates that phono stage (or phono preamp) is integrated, so there are not any mixers (without soundcard built-in) which has PHONO input on the back, correct?

Thank you so much for that info, I simply didn't know what I don't know.
    Last edited by cnfdnc; 10-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.

I checked it and understand it now I think. So if the Mixer has PHONO inputs that means that it has soundcard built-in and PHONO intputs indicates that phono stage (or phono preamp) is integrated, so there are not any mixers (without soundcard built-in) which has PHONO input on the back, correct?

Thank you so much for that info, I simply didn't know what I don't know.
    Most mixers with a built in soundcard will have phono inputs and be DVS ready. It's the best route to go when starting out both due to not having to buy an external interface and not needing to purchase software.

Tech Convert

So to summarize, there are 3 components: audio interface, dvs interface and mixer
    There are:
    1.Mixers without soundcard or/and DVS
    2.Mixers with build-in soundcard
    3.DVS Mixers with build-in soundcard

And with my noobie luck I liked 4. DVS mixer without soundcard (DJ tech DIF-1S). That's why I was confused. You rock!

z2 might be a good bet, it comes with traktor and soundcard built in.... not sure your budget or prices of this mixer near you, but where i am they are very affordable
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast