[HELP] Mapping the proper Hotcue/Hotloops colors to LEDs on Kontrol S2 MK1 Midi Mode

Question [HELP] Mapping the proper Hotcue/Hotloops colors to LEDs on Kontrol S2 MK1 Midi Mode

Hey fellow DJTT users! I'm having trouble solving a problem in Traktor Pro 2 I've been at for days now and figured you guys may be able to help me! On the Kontrol S2 MK1 default mapping, when a hotcue or hotloop is stored in cue buttons 1-4, the corresponding color will light up matching the cue type (blue for hotcues, green for hotloops. I think mine used to display white for grid markers, but it shows up as blue, which is fine).

I'm trying to map the S2's MIDI-Mode (shift+shift) to have the same RGB behavior with the LEDs, this time for hotcues 5-8. The cues/loops always light up blue no matter what settings I seem to mess with. If anybody has had success in mapping the original kontrol s2's led colors to match the hotcue types, please help me! I followed the guide in the attached picture to a T, with no success. It must be possible though, as the S2 has this functionality on its default layer!

If I've left any information out, please let me know, I'm willing to keep at this because I've been driving myself insane working on it for the past 3-4 days and am dying for a breakthrough!

*Picture wouldn't attach, but this link brings you to the original location of it. Click the PICTURE NEXT TO LEDout.jpg NOT THE ACTUAL LINK, to open an image preview, then click once more on the blown-up image to cycle to image 2; this is so the text aligns properly, rather than being covered*

https://www.native-instruments.com/f.../#post-1140929

Thank you guys!
    Last edited by KeganThomas; 10-23-2017 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Changed note, added picture

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey,
    When you midi learn Hotcue X Type output command, can you assign midi by pressing down cue buttons? Because if not those need to be manually assigned from Note/CC drop-down menu.

Also it is always good idea to attach the mapping file with your current progress.

Unhappy

Hey sorry for the late reply, and thank you for yours! Yes the MIDI-assign function works as expected.

I've attempted to attach the .tsi with my progress; however, the attachment uploader does not work for me, regardless of the browser I use

Update: On the phone with NI support *fingers crossed* Update2: Do I even need to tell anyone how that went?
    Last edited by KeganThomas; 10-25-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks anyways, guys. I think I'm just gonna have to deal with no visual feedback and just pay close attention to my laptop.

Again, thank you for your response, Stewe!

If I do ever end up figuring it out, I'll come back and post a mapping/guide to help anyone else struggling with the same issue!

Strange that uploader doesn't work for you. Can you upload it to Dropbox instead?

I wish I could just get into the default mapping directly to see what they did to make it work, but I bet it's just native functionality that can't be accessed by custom mappings. Just downloaded dropbox, here you go! I'm honestly hoping I messed something up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqcf5kz5fc...TypeX.tsi?dl=0

EDIT*: I should mention, I only have Hotcue 5 and 6 set up with LED outs at the moment because my test track has HC5 as a grid/cue, and HC6 is a hotloop. I figured there's no point plotting out 7 and 8 until I can get the prototype buttons working properly.
    Last edited by KeganThomas; 10-26-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added note

Alright I've check the mapping. The modifiers look good but the controller range doesn't actually. You should always be sure to set -1 (min) and 5 (max) so all the seven available hotcue types can be assign to the command. This is where the modifier is used to assign which part of the signal (cue type) will be let to pass trough the LED's.

But firstly, you need to test a hardware and figure out does an MK1 version even supports the dual color output in the MIDI mode. You can do so in just a few quick steps:

1. Add in and out commands for play/pause function and map it to the CUE1 on your S2. Then play a Deck.
    2. For the Out command set 0 (min) and 127 (max) in the Midi Range.
    3. Click+Drag the max value bar of the Midi Range section all the way down to 0 and see if the color changes on the CUE1.

Thank you for the suggestions, Stewe! I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me! I will test these parameters ASAP and edit this post with my results, but I just have to say from the bottom of my heart, a big THANK YOU.

Edit/Update: I ran the test and unfortunately, the light just went from blue to off when I changed the midi range to 0. So it seems like the Plug & Play layer has this functionality but the RGB cannot be accessed through midi-mode. What a shame.

Again thank you so much anyways!
    Last edited by KeganThomas; 10-27-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeganThomas View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions, Stewe! I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me! I will test these parameters ASAP and edit this post with my results, but I just have to say from the bottom of my heart, a big THANK YOU.
    You are welcome sir. If you need more assistance with this mapping please let me know.

I will, thanks again! The only assistance I can offer back are in the avenues of sound design itself; so if you ever have any recording or synthesis (AM/FM/Subtractive/Additive/Granular/YouNameIt!) questions, let me know!