External Soundcard & MIDI Controller Questions
    Tech Convert

Default External Soundcard & MIDI Controller Questions

Hey guys, just wanted to ask:

would the Native Instruments Audio 2 External Soundcard work with a Vestax VCI-100 MIDI controller?

A friend of mine told me that since the soundcard is not MIDI, it wouldnt work?

From my research all I know is that if you are not using timecode it should be fine?

And that I would need a 4 channel sound card for the unit?

Short answer. Yep it will work, and nope you don't need a 4 channel for the VCI
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Starting out im probably just going to be using my home stereo (aux) for speakers, until i get monitors, that would be ok right, if one channel is used for the aux speakers while the other for headphones?

Yep in that case the Audio2 would suit your needs perfectly mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

in the future I would just have to get a spilt cable to hook up to monitors correct and thanks for the help! cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
    in the future I would just have to get a spilt cable to hook up to monitors correct and thanks for the help! cheers!
    i beleive the audio 2 comes with a splitter?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud