Video recording a dj mix
    Tech Wizard

Default Video recording a dj mix

Hey ....I'm wonder is it possible to video record a dj set with an android phone or do you need to buy a specific type of camera?

The below is the setup that the dj set would be video recorded from.

Cheers!

DJM800
    Traktor
    Audio 8 DJ

Phone:Galaxy S8

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

So long as the video is decent quality and you have enough light it will do the trick just fine, you will probably need to record the audio separately and mix it in an editor afterward.

If you want a dedicated cheap ($40) 1080p action camera that works decently in low lighting conditions I can highly recommend the Eken W8 . I've been using one as a dash cam mostly for the past 2+ years and the quality is damn good even on dimly lit roads.

why dont you just record in traktor and then layer the video over that?

^ this.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Ah right cool, so if you have the audio file from Traktor and the video file on from the phone how do you synch them so they play seamlessly? Thanks again!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by nirian View Post
    Ah right cool, so if you have the audio file from Traktor and the video file on from the phone how do you synch them so they play seamlessly? Thanks again!
    You need a Video editor program, iMovie works great if you have a Mac or theres a ton of open source or cheap apps for PC.

Once the video and audio are started within a few seconds of each other it'll be easy enough to sync the both of them.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You need a Video editor program, iMovie works great if you have a Mac or theres a ton of open source or cheap apps for PC.

Once the video and audio are started within a few seconds of each other it'll be easy enough to sync the both of them.
    Ah great, I have a mac so happy days. Thanks a lot for the help!

Tech Wizard

Default Lightworks

You can also use Lightworks for editing!

Good luck!