Looking for jog wheel or touch control to add to original X1 setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Looking for jog wheel or touch control to add to original X1 setup

So I've got a couple DJ rigs each with their purpose; one full size with turntables that I use at home for fun, my main portable digital rig with my Traktor Kontrol S8 and lastly my recently set up super portable rig with individual components making for easy use with a carry on bag with an X1 (not mk2), F1, Z1 and my Midi Fighter Twister. I primarily mix with Traktor with my setups.

Here's the question I have. So I have the original X1 (without the touch strip for nudging a track or more importantly being able to search through a track to enable loop/cue points) and would like to have that functionality. I know I could get a new X1 Mk2 to do this but I do like having 8 cue/loop buttons as I tend to use them all. Does anyone have any suggestions for making this functionality work to add to my setup? I was considering maybe adding another small controller with jog wheels just to use the wheels (Numark DJ2Go2 or Hercules DJ Control Compact.) I know those 2 controllers have a bunch of other functionality that I wouldn't be using and by default are designed for different software but I know they can be mapped with Traktor or at least I think they could hopefully without conflicting with the rest of my midi controllers.

Thank you for any help with this situation.

Tech Wizard

The mk2 has 8 cue points. Pretty sure there accessed via shift mode. You could always map knob on the twister for track search

Tech Student

So I've played around with mapping the twister to the seek position assignment for Traktor and am having all sorts of control challenges. I'm not sure if I'm not mapping correctly which is why it's acting up. So if I select Direct for the interaction type it jumps through the track way too quick where it's impossible to place a cue or loop on the start of a beat. If I select Relative I can change the Rotary Sensitivity but now it will move around the track weird where I can't for example scroll back to the start where it stops prior to. These both are with Knob selected for the type. Is this normal and the best it would be? If so this doesn't really work as I'm sure I'd end up having to take control with my mousepad to adjust a beat.

Thanks for the response back. Appreciate the suggestion. Might go the MK2 route if this is how it would function. Mapping the say Numark DJ2Go2 for seek position might be as spotty I'm worried as well.

Denon SC2000

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Either the Reloop Contour (My favorite) or the Denon SC2000
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Student

Do you guys know of a good place to buy either of these controllers for a good price? The Denon SC2000 looks to have the advantage between that and the Reloop Contour as it has a pitch slider which would be nice to have.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey db2000,
    Which command did you try to map to your Twister?
    Let me know if you still have a struggle with that.

Tech Student

I mapped the seek position command with a Twister knob. It mapped fine but the functionality wasn't there. It lacked sensitivity when Direct was selected for interaction type and with Relative it wouldn't allow for proper seeking back and forth through a track as it wouldn't go past a certain point in the track not allowing me to completely seek back and forth.

Tech Mentor

Hi do you know touchosc ?
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Tech Mentor

seektouch.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dj wo k; 11-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast