Vestax VCI 100 mk 2 - 4 deck controll

Default Vestax VCI 100 mk 2 - 4 deck controll

hi everybody,

just grabbed a mint vci 100 mk2 for mixxx 2.0 (osx 10.9) with the intention to controll 4 decks. (3 decks would do the job as well)
    everything works great so far, but once i switched the decks (A to C and back) the play button wont spin the deck but lights up the cue button .
    so heres my questions (got zero xp with dj software but i use a ton of gear and daws)

1.is this some kind of function i just dont understand or a mapping conflict? (tried out traktor and theres the exact same thing occuring)
    2.was there ever a mapping software from vestax? (man i dindt even realize vestax was out of business)
    3.what was the original dj software and version the vci 100 mk2 was built for?

thanks in advance

greetings

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by PAWaters View Post
    hi everybody,

just grabbed a mint vci 100 mk2 for mixxx 2.0 (osx 10.9) with the intention to controll 4 decks. (3 decks would do the job as well)
    everything works great so far, but once i switched the decks (A to C and back) the play button wont spin the deck but lights up the cue button .
    so heres my questions (got zero xp with dj software but i use a ton of gear and daws)

1.is this some kind of function i just dont understand or a mapping conflict? (tried out traktor and theres the exact same thing occuring)
    2.was there ever a mapping software from vestax? (man i dindt even realize vestax was out of business)
    3.what was the original dj software and version the vci 100 mk2 was built for?

thanks in advance

greetings
    The VCI100 MK2 shipped with Traktor LE and there is 4 deck mappings included in Traktor for it.

It also works flawlessly with the included mappings on Algoriddim Djay Pro and Virtual DJ

I'll also add it also works with an iPad and Dj pro if you want to ever consider going down that route.

Great little controller.