DJ Software that writes BPM to file name - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Long story short I basically spent hours cleaning up my library & then I fked up within iTunes & hit the setting that changes everything back to iTunes default way of storing files once you reset the pathway it takes for its default library. So anyway I just got back to reorganizing my library & I looked at all the options suggested n am trying out Beatunes.

That being said I have a question Patch:
    I downloaded Beatunes & went through n cleaned out my library but none of the changes are being shown on the files themselves or within iTunes either. Do I have to click something to export the changes into iTunes & on the file name?

I haven’t used Beatynes for a while - but I think it only fixes tags...

The way to fix the file names, is to open ALL FILES in MP3Tag, select all, then hit “Convert Tags to Filemame”. You can specify which tags are used to generate the file name. I use %artist% - %title%.

So then all your tags are good, and all your file names are good, but your iTunes collection still only knows what your file names and tags were when your tracks were originally added to iTunes. Not a problem. Delete EVERYTHING from iTunes, then re-import all your music. I do this a lot. You’re only deleting the music from iTunes, so all your settings are stored, and all your smart playlists remain active. Your smart playlists will all auto populate immediately when you reimport all your music.

In iTunes, UNCHECK “ALLOW ITUNES TO MAKE COPIES OF FILES”. <This is the top, number fucking 1, important thing to do when using iTunes for library management!!! (In fact, do that FIRST if you have not already).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

BeaTunes is FREE right now, too.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I haven’t used Beatynes for a while - but I think it only fixes tags...

The way to fix the file names, is to open ALL FILES in MP3Tag, select all, then hit “Convert Tags to Filemame”. You can specify which tags are used to generate the file name. I use %artist% - %title%.

So then all your tags are good, and all your file names are good, but your iTunes collection still only knows what your file names and tags were when your tracks were originally added to iTunes. Not a problem. Delete EVERYTHING from iTunes, then re-import all your music. I do this a lot. You’re only deleting the music from iTunes, so all your settings are stored, and all your smart playlists remain active. Your smart playlists will all auto populate immediately when you reimport all your music.

In iTunes, UNCHECK “ALLOW ITUNES TO MAKE COPIES OF FILES”. <This is the top, number fucking 1, important thing to do when using iTunes for library management!!! (In fact, do that FIRST if you have not already).
    Dude. I didn't reply for so long cause I lost my shit. I organized my entire library again & then when getting it into iTunes I didn't uncheck the "allow iTunes to make copies of files" & I did something else accidentally too that re-organized my entire library back to the way it was organized by iTunes which is by artist name too. So I had double of everything. I literally stopped all my DJ'ing things from that point on till now cause of the fucking grief lol. I'm done procrastinating from it now & re organized my entire library again.

Anyway for Beatunes it won't allow me to import my playlist from iTunes. I keep going to import playlist & selecting the playlist that I have exported from iTunes but nothing loads. I can make regular playlists just fine. Also how do you finally get your music on USBs? You go like organize in Beatunes, sync w/ iTunes & then open in Rekordbox & throw it on your USBs like that?

Re: loading USBs - it's easier than that.

Open iTunes, build your playlist/smartplaylist, and just click and drag it to the folder on your USB stick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12