Another Controller or Should I wait for DVS?

Default Another Controller or Should I wait for DVS?

Hey all!

I am brand new here. I just started taking DJ lessons at the music store down the street last week.

Years ago I bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 and played around with it. Now that I'm actually taking lessons and getting more serious I like the feel of using DVS since it's actual records. Would you all recommend I wait and save up for a DVS system or should I go with something like a Pioneer DDJ-SR2 controller and add them in later?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

-Art

It really depends on the creative route you wish to take. If you want scratch and/or get into turntablism, turntables are worth the wait.

Otherwise, do some shopping around and try a multitude of setups. Find what is the most comfortable for you and go for it!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I mostly want to focus on EDM as that's what I would eventually like to learn to produce -- I've played violin since I was 4 but this is a whole 'nother ball game for me.

I like the concept of scratching and I think I would like the flexibility to encorporate that into my playing style. Having said that I'm not looking to do the hip-hop battle type of thing -- although I'm learning that with my lessons as well.

I have been looking around and the mixers themselves are very expensive. One other thing I was considering is the AKAI mixer for Serato and to add on turntables to that since it's DVS upgradeable.

At the moment though, I think my budget is about $500-600 max.

Quote Originally Posted by djSlimz View Post
    I mostly want to focus on EDM as that's what I would eventually like to learn to produce -- I've played violin since I was 4 but this is a whole 'nother ball game for me.

I like the concept of scratching and I think I would like the flexibility to encorporate that into my playing style. Having said that I'm not looking to do the hip-hop battle type of thing -- although I'm learning that with my lessons as well.

I have been looking around and the mixers themselves are very expensive. One other thing I was considering is the AKAI mixer for Serato and to add on turntables to that since it's DVS upgradeable.

At the moment though, I think my budget is about $500-600 max.
    You can get an Akai AMX and a used set of ATLP 120's with needles within that budget easy.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6