Xdj 700

Thread: Xdj 700

Tech Wizard

Default Xdj 700

Hello!

I am at the moment mixing with a controller but I want to upgrade myself so I later on can play in clubs and be fimiliar with their equippment which is very often nexus 900 or 2000's.

I considering buying a pair of XDJ 700 to practice with home in my bedroom.

So now I am looking for some opinions if it is good CDJ for practise or should I maybe go for 1000 MK2?
    I am at the moment a student and therefore my resourses is limited.

So what do you guys think about the xdj 700?

Best regards

Due to space constraints, I have my 700's setup and keep my 1000 mk2's in their cases. I never find myself missing the 1000's or feeling a need to pull them out. The 700's will do you just fine.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Due to space constraints, I have my 700's setup and keep my 1000 mk2's in their cases. I never find myself missing the 1000's or feeling a need to pull them out. The 700's will do you just fine.
    Thanks for the reply

the 700s should do you just fine but personally im kind of craving some lost features on my 700s. i really wish they had hot cue loops. and beat jump would be nice but mainly cue loops

What do you mean, why can't you store a loop as a hot cue on the XDJ-700?

@Mastah Kyler Hot loops work for me. Do you have updated firmware?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

I mainly want to play with cdj's so I can later move on to clubs and be comforbel with their setup which is usally CDJ's. I just need to ask do you think then that the XDJ 700 is a good choise if I want to practice for the clubs at home, Is it a decent CDJ with similaritys to the nexus or should I be looking for something else for my bedroom practise?

whaaaaaaat! i didnt know that there was an update! im normally really good about that kinda stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SefZack View Post
    I mainly want to play with cdj's so I can later move on to clubs and be comforbel with their setup which is usally CDJ's. I just need to ask do you think then that the XDJ 700 is a good choise if I want to practice for the clubs at home, Is it a decent CDJ with similaritys to the nexus or should I be looking for something else for my bedroom practise?
    yes. i do. i bought mine for the very reason.