DJM EQ Curve?

Thread: DJM EQ Curve?

Default DJM EQ Curve?

Keep jumping between EQ & Isolator mode on my DJM 750 mk2. A lot of my friends tell me the isolator is full kill and sounds better but i find it sounds like it raises the highs a lot and makes the VU meter go all over the place. I play mostly house & techno and coming from a xone 92 I thought i would prefer the full kill but find myself using the normal eq the most due to it sounding warmer and smoother to blend tracks.

My question is what setting do you prefer and why?
    Where is -26db on the isolator setting?

- Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LewisWood92 View Post
    Keep jumping between EQ & Isolator mode on my DJM 750 mk2. A lot of my friends tell me the isolator is full kill and sounds better but i find it sounds like it raises the highs a lot and makes the VU meter go all over the place. I play mostly house & techno and coming from a xone 92 I thought i would prefer the full kill but find myself using the normal eq the most due to it sounding warmer and smoother to blend tracks.

My question is what setting do you prefer and why?
    Where is -26db on the isolator setting?

- Lewis
    This thread gives you more info on why DJM VU meter acts that way (basically, VU meters on DJM mixers sometimes don't represent the actual output)
    https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-u...tor-behaviour-

Your own words tell it all: "smoother to blend tracks". It all comes to the size of the EQ knobs - the bigger they are and the smaller the db range they are smoother to control.
    Full kill EQ is great for certain types of mixing and dropping bass before a start of new phrase as a kind of fx.

Wait till you get a mixer that has adjustable EQ crossover points...you'll shit yourself
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2