Exists an alternative to a Xone4D??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Exists an alternative to a Xone4D??

Hi, i actually have and use a VMS4.1 as Traktor/Ableton controller and as main soundcard.
    I want to get an update this year since the VMS has an 24bits/48KHz on analog and 16/44 on usb sound card.
    It was my first controller / soundcard,and the VMS is a perfect option for newbies and hobby-amateurs, but now i need more channels and faders (at the beginning i used only Traktor with the internal FX, but now I'm using Ableton for the effects, with return channel from a PSP42,and my sound layer managed from an Ableton Push. traktor and ableton on same computer), and a better sound quality would be great too.

I saw the Xone4D long long ago, on Mr.Hawtin's videos...but it still expensive like a MacBook.
    I looked and compared it and it has all what i need (of course,.... it's a f_-_-_- 4D),integrated sound card, analog/usb ins,FX/Filter on board, midi over all, jogwheels........

To all:
    Knows somebody if something comparable exists?

To Xone4D owners:
    I use Traktor and ableton in the same computer....
    Can i "send the preview from Ableton direct to the headphones"?(without "losing" a channel on the mixer only for the preview).

Or what exactly means a&h when they say "20 Channels"??

Regards!

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

If you don't need the thing to be standalone you can always use XoneX and save some money. But, DX doesn't have the famous A&H filters, only software FX...
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

xone DX is also past EOL and is no longer supported, if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    xone DX is also past EOL and is no longer supported, if that matters.
    Allen & Heath take care of their customers unlike other manufacturers (I'm looking at you Denon)
    https://djworx.com/xone2d-xonedx-get-sierra-updates/

Tech Mentor

Hi, i ve something similar i use xone 2D &1D+djm800 i use 4decks in traktor ( internal )and use faders to the 2D as volume fader + jam for ableton&maschine , on deck 1 to the djm 800 i ve 4decks to traktor on deck 2 maschine on 3 massive and on the last the preview
    unfortuneli you need to kill one decks for preview ..
    realy if you can bye xone 4D go one
    26001114_10155940535334376_485227058465837142_n.jpg
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Allen & Heath take care of their customers unlike other manufacturers (I'm looking at you Denon)
    https://djworx.com/xone2d-xonedx-get-sierra-updates/
    That was 9 months ago. Now, a&h's website says the DX will no longer be receiving updates. And they did not update it for high sierra, afaik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    That was 9 months ago. Now, a&h's website says the DX will no longer be receiving updates. And they did not update it for high sierra, afaik.
    I don't think the OP is looking for the "latest and greatest" hardware. Sierra update gave it life for a couple of more years and it's a real bang for buck if you do the Traktor hack and use it for DVS

Tech Convert

Hi, thanks for your comments.
    I don't want a DX,also, its a very good option, but isn't what i looking for.

For me and my configuration, a 4D would be a great option(and maybe the best), with my config i send the sound of the Traktor decks to ableton, i use ableton filters as EQ on the decks (i wouldn't to with a good mixer),an resend to processed sound to the mixer.
    With ableton sends I've made a "virtual send/return" (a channel on the mixer only for the returns).
    The fourth channel is for my sound layer managed from the push.
    As i said,i have no soundcard besides the VMS intergrated one, a Xone92 or something else "pure analog" would be too expensive.
    And my Macbook (Late'08) has only 2 USBs.

When a see a Kontrol X1....i miss something on this device,i don't know what but isn't for me, i like the xoneK1(and can be connected over XLink).
    Another (and more expensive) option could be a XoneDB4(or db2) + Xone K1.

But comparing costs, and the fact that i use (or could use) software effects,and the 4D offers club sound too(i don't mix in clubs,but like this sound).... i don't know,
    Has somebody another "better" idea?

Regards

The Xone:4D does have 5 USB channels, but the 5th one is only for the digital in/out or something? I don't see how you can use it for previewing. Pretty sure the DB2 and DB4 only have 4 channels.

I don't think there are any affordable mixers with 5 USB channels. If your budget allows it I would go for the Xone:PX5 combined with the K1.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 01-09-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The Xone:4D does have 5 USB channels, but the 5th one is only for the digital in/out or something? I don't see how you can use it for previewing. Pretty sure the DB2 and DB4 only have 4 channels.

I don't think there are any affordable mixers with 5 USB channels. If your budget allows it I would go for the Xone:PX5 combined with the K1.
    I habe now
    masterAbleton / DeckA / DeckB / FXreturn, with a Xone i can save a channel on the mixer because of the send/return knobs (or using the "1Ds" faders to do it) now i musst to have a channel only for controlling the FXReturn.

I could use the mic in and the macs standar jack out to have an ableton preview (actually without, in my config…only the cue)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast