Appropriate Audio Interface to Use With Studio Monitors, DDJ-SX2, and Logic Pro X

Default Appropriate Audio Interface to Use With Studio Monitors, DDJ-SX2, and Logic Pro X

Hello Y'all,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is having a nice weekend!

Looking for a bit of clarification on if I'm right or wrong on the questions below. I have scoured the internet watching videos/reading forums and just haven't come up with a concrete enough answer for my liking. Any insight greatly appreciated! Thank-you!

To start, this is what I am using at the moment:

-DDJ-SX2
    -2015 iMac
    -Serato DJ
    -Logic Pro X
    -JBL LSR305x2 (Just bought not yet setup)

Current Setup:

I have a pair of Logitech speakers routing through my DDJ-SX2 using a 2-to-1 3.5mm splitter, which provides audio for Serato DJ.

I have to unplug my Logitech speakers from my DDJ-SX2 and plug them into my 3.5mm computer jack to provide audio for Logic Pro X, which is a hassle.

Once I get my studio monitors, I would like to have both my Serato DJ output and my Logic Pro X output audio from my studio monitors without the hassle of swapping cords all the time.

Here is where my questions begin:

1. Would an audio interface (namely Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) solve this problem?

2. Would I simply be able to use the DDJ-SX2 as the input into the audio interface with the studio monitors as the output?

3. Then in Logic Pro X would I be able to select my output as the audio interface, thus providing audio for Logic Pro X without having to swap cables?

4. If this is correct, would I need 4x TRS to XLR cables (assuming 2x cables from DDJ-SX2 to audio interface and 2x cables from audio interface to studio monitors)?

5. If I want to at some point connect a midi controller for use in Logic Pro X, would the Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 be the better option?

Goals:

1. I want the highest quality audio I can achieve, without breaking the bank and without buying unnecessary gear.

2. Have both Serato DJ and Logic Pro X output audio from studio monitors.

3. Still be able to record mixes and utilize headphones to cue in Serato DJ without issue.

4. Avoid having to constantly swap cables.

5. Be able to seamlessly add a midi controller in the future if I feel so inclined.

If any of this doesn't make sense I apologize. I appreciate all of y'alls help and consideration!

I hope everyone has a great day!

All the best!

Just output your SX2 to your monitors and use that for your Logic X audio interface. Why complicate your setup?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Hey hey,

Thank-you for the reply.

I'm trying to do the opposite of complicate, so I appreciate you offering clarity. I'll do just that.

All the best and have a nice day!