Suggestions? I'm upgrading from the Numark Mixdeck Quad

Default Suggestions? I'm upgrading from the Numark Mixdeck Quad

Disclaimer: I'm not nearly as cool as the rest of you. I'm a bedroom "dj" that makes weird improvised mixes [soundcloud = notethetime]

But I'm looking to get smarter and improve my setup, as I'll be potentially starting a podcast or radio show in '18.

I currently have a Numark Mixdeck Quad. It's awesome and suits just about all my needs. But it's OLD. I've had it 4.5 years, and the thing was manufactured years before that.

I have never used Serato. I used to be against "computer deejaying" -- now I don't care, but I am honestly fine with USB sticks (the Mixdeck Quad splits the input from one, or you can plug-in two; plus access CDs, vinyl, etc).

The one thing I have grown accustomed to enjoying is Spotify via Algoriddim's Deejay Pro, which I use via iPad.

Spotify is actually incredibly helpful for when I don't have a track on vinyl or mp3. So this app has become a non-starter, unless you recommend some way to thread that through Serato (I have heard it's dicey at best).

Looking around here [https://www.algoriddim.com/hardware], I am swooning on the Pioneer rigs a bit. But a lot are also overkill. I don't need a visual screen, I don't need a ton of pads, and I don't need to spend $3k.

But here's what my wishlist is -- just putting this out there to see if any lightbulbs go off:

-- I need something compatible with Spotify (preferably Algoriddim software)
    OR I need to learn how to access tracks via Serato that I do not have digital copies of or vinyl access to

-- I need at least (1) if not (2) turntable inputs

-- Would be great to have a USB / microSD input so I don't have to bother with Serato

-- Does anyone recommend any rigs that control Algoriddim via the physical controls? Would be great to ditch the iPad.

-- Impressive FX or sampling capability would be fun

-- Any combination of the aforementioned with tweaks and modifications you recommend, in case I haven't thought of something

Thanks for reading all this. I have no idea if there's something right in front of my face. I've looked at a lot of Numark upgrades, and am kinda leaning towards the Pioneer components; but there's so much overkill, so it's tough to thin it out.

i dont think what you want is out there. Seeing how Algoriddim is a DJ software, unless they make their own standalone players, you wont be able to use the software without the iPad or whatever. As far as i know this is the ONLY software with Spotify integration. Also pulselocker just went down which is what serato and rekordbox had as their streaming service http://djtechtools.com/2017/11/10/pu...g-dj-software/

you are pretty much shit outta luck for streaming on different devices. personally, i was never too fond of the idea. especially now after pulselocker went down over night, people who primarily used the streaming was left empty handed hours before a gig.

Personally i would recommend looking into the XDJ-RXmk2. Its a fantastic standalone controller meaning you dont need a laptop but is also compatable with Rekordbox DJ.

Default thx

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    i dont think what you want is out there. Seeing how Algoriddim is a DJ software, unless they make their own standalone players, you wont be able to use the software without the iPad or whatever. As far as i know this is the ONLY software with Spotify integration. Also pulselocker just went down which is what serato and rekordbox had as their streaming service http://djtechtools.com/2017/11/10/pu...g-dj-software/

you are pretty much shit outta luck for streaming on different devices. personally, i was never too fond of the idea. especially now after pulselocker went down over night, people who primarily used the streaming was left empty handed hours before a gig.

Personally i would recommend looking into the XDJ-RXmk2. Its a fantastic standalone controller meaning you dont need a laptop but is also compatable with Rekordbox DJ.
    Thanks so much -- and yeah, you're right. I've been doing more research and I'm going to have to make a sacrifice for sure.

Leaning towards this > http://amzn.to/2Bv8EhU < because I can just use DJAY pro to toggle between my itunes library and Spotify.

Should have clarified that I don't play clubs; I am trying to make weird-ass avant garge mixes using multiple sources at the same time (layered stuff). It's never glitched and has been perfect for when I don't have the vinyl and don't wanna rip mp3s, or spend hundreds of dollars on new tunes to play. So Spotify has acted as a great "source" library. I'll need to figure out a way to work around that if I become a Serato convert -- I'm jazzed about their video integration which I also want to start mixing into my pieces.

Curious your thoughts on the SX2 -- I've done a ton of research, and I sense it's legit, but it's also almost five years old which I hate.

Thanks again for your help.

Nothing that would fit 100% but that is expected. But you should be good with Denon MCX8000 (or XDj-RX) mapped to either DJ Player 9 or djay Pro on ipad.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Nothing that would fit 100% but that is expected. But you should be good with Denon MCX8000 (or XDj-RX) mapped to either DJ Player 9 or djay Pro on ipad.
    Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbell
    Disclaimer: I'm not nearly as cool as the rest of you.
    You'd be surprised...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj