X1 - Control Decks C and/or D? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yup, that how default mapping works. Unfortunately there's no way of re-selecting the deck focus unless you re-plug the unit but at least they offer some kind of deck switching system which is great if you have a single X1.

Aww... We’re back to unplugging the unit...

Crazy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    SO - can I switch between native/HID mode for decks A & B, and into USER/MIDI mode for deck D? And can the full functionality of DECK B HID be duplicated in midi for Deck D???
    Yes, you can toggle between HID and MIDI on the fly, see the manual. And you can find 4-deck mappings on Google.

Aww... We’re back to unplugging the unit...

Crazy.
    This is just a random thought but what if you set a button-mouse translator in Bome to:

Note: Preferences Window is always open but moved it the corner of the screen, by leaving enough space to click on and drag it back.
    -Click+Move the Preferences Window to your preferred coordinates.
    -Click Device/Traktor.Kontrol X1 MK2.Default/Edit/Delete mapping device
    -Click Add../Traktor/Kontrol X1 MK2/Default (imports mapping back, A-B starts flashing again)
    -Click+Move the Preferences Window back to the screen edge.

^There's ALWAYS a Bomes solution for everything.

But you could even have a translator (mouse click/mouse co-ords) to open & close the Traktor prefs window?

So, re-importing the X1 MKII .tsi resets the unit (equivalent of unplugging/replugging it), allowing you to chose between A-B/C-D control?

That's interesting... I've not used Bomes seriously since the days of my UC-33e Ableton Live Mouseless Navigation Template... But this might just sway me into getting the X1...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

But you could even have a translator (mouse click/mouse co-ords) to open & close the Traktor prefs window?
    Traktor is slow on opening/closing the Preferences window, especially if you have a load of mappings in the Device Menu. So that's something to bare in mind if you want a button translator with quick operation..

So, re-importing the X1 MKII .tsi resets the unit (equivalent of unplugging/replugging it), allowing you to chose between A-B/C-D control?
    Actually yes I just checked it with my X1 MK2 and that seems to be the case.

Using X1 to control the floor of C & D is a very creative act. Thanks pro !!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    With the MK1s you can change the deck assignment in Preferences.
    I am very familiar with the preferences mode ... just haven't used any MK2's

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Wizard

^There's ALWAYS a Bomes solution for everything.

That's interesting... I've not used Bomes seriously since the days of my UC-33e Ableton Live Mouseless Navigation Template... But this might just sway me into getting the X1...
    That sounds really awkward.

I think it probably makes more sense to have the HID layer controll A/B and the MIDI layer (mapped as close as possible) to control C/D. That, you can switch from the front panel (Shift + both load buttons).

I am wondering, though, what the problem is with just buying a second one?
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moostapha View Post
    That sounds really awkward.
    Although it maybe does sound that, it is still instantaneous one button operation with Bomes versus the "SHIFT+LeftArrow+RightArrow" to open/close the Midi Mode of X1 MKII.

Quote Originally Posted by Moostapha View Post
    I think it probably makes more sense to have the HID layer controll A/B and the MIDI layer (mapped as close as possible) to control C/D. That, you can switch from the front panel (Shift + both load buttons).
    Problem with that is you are losing the touchstrip controls and the Encoder loop displays with MIDI.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast