Need some help with setup please! cdj 1000 mk3/FS2/Traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo12 View Post
    Yes sorry I meant TP.. Is there any major difference between TP and TSP?

i just remembered I was given some Serato vinyls from a friend in 2013. I think these are also timecode, but gain not sure if they are
    Sorry I didn't realise there is a 'Traktor scratch pro 2'. So I can use the timecode vinyl (from Stanton final scratch 2) with my 1210's, that will be connected to my S4 (haven't purchased yet).
    Yes...Traktor Scratch Pro is Traktor Pro + the ability to use timecode. Traktor Pro cannot use time code.

Serato records are timecode, but it's different timecode. You can't use it with Traktor Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro, or anything else. The timecodes only work with the system they're made for. There are a couple programs that can use other timecodes (Mixvibes, VDJ), but they're harder to set up. It is by far easier to just stick with one of the main systems. And, it seems like you want to use Traktor.

If you want to use timecode with an S4...you need to buy the S4 and the timecode kit (https://www.native-instruments.com/e...-timecode-kit/).
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

Tech Wizard

Yes that makes sense. i am still shopping around, i came across someone selling a 'NUMARK MIXTRACK PRO 3', 'Akai Professional EIE Pro 24-Bit Electro Music Interface Expander' and 'Akai Professional MPK 249 Performance Keyboard Controller' at what seemed to be a good price.

I can play the piano/keyboard mix vinyls, and the dream is to start agin in this digital era. I was wondering if I can connect any of these to the Traktor scratch pro software? does the Traktor scratch pro software only work with an S4 and other NI products?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yes that makes sense. i am still shopping around, i came across someone selling a 'NUMARK MIXTRACK PRO 3', 'Akai Professional EIE Pro 24-Bit Electro Music Interface Expander' and 'Akai Professional MPK 249 Performance Keyboard Controller' at what seemed to be a good price.

I can play the piano/keyboard mix vinyls, and the dream is to start agin in this digital era. I was wondering if I can connect any of these to the Traktor scratch pro software? does the Traktor scratch pro software only work with an S4 and other NI products?
    You are honestly complicating things ALOT. Walk before you can run Grasshopper.

You do not need anything other than an S4, Scratch pro 2 software, and a controller keyboard in order to:

Use Traktor with vinyl control.
    Play Regular Vinyl.
    Play a Keyboard via Garageband / logic and route the signal into Traktor's aux inputs.

There are tons of additional routing / syncing options for software and hardware alike if you get really into it.

The numark Would work with scratch pro, BUT does not have any inputs for the 1210's (neither does the EIE)

Sorry I didn't realise there is a 'Traktor scratch pro 2'. So I can use the timecode vinyl (from Stanton final scratch 2) with my 1210's, that will be connected to my S4 (haven't purchased yet).
    As I said, I'm fairly sure the FS timecode will not work with Traktor Scratch Pro 2. I'm not even sure the mk1 Traktor timecode even works anymore.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Yes you are right. I think im just getting over excited. Can you recommend a controller keyboard?

Thanks

Yes you are right. I think im just getting over excited. Can you recommend a controller keyboard?

Thanks
    Thats going to be down to you, how many octaves, do you want weighted keys etc ...

A basic 49 key from Novation or M-Audio is around $200. Semi-Weighted key models will add around $100-150 to the price while fully weighted "piano keys" are just damn expensive starting at over $500.

For me a basic $50, 25 key would do the trick, but I can barely play a chord and am unconcerned with weight.

This is one item that you should really try before buying, as you will know what kinda feel you want when playing.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You're making this way to complicated.

You can't use Stanton or Serato timecode with TSP2 at all.
    You can't use an FS device with TSP or Traktor timecode. That ship sailed a billion years ago. Final Scratch is useless these days.

It really is dead simple, you can use TSP with NI timecode and an NI audio device that is Traktor Scratch Certified and that's it. There's no way around it (officially).

If you already have Traktor Pro and you're considered buying a Z2 you can sell the TP serial cus you will get the software with the Z2.
    Buying all the pieces separately is not a good way to go about it.

Using an S4 with TSP is great but you will still have to buy the TSP upgrade kit as an add on cus the S4 comes with TP not TSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You're making this way to complicated.

You can't use Stanton or Serato timecode with TSP2 at all.
    You can't use an FS device with TSP or Traktor timecode. That ship sailed a billion years ago. Final Scratch is useless these days.

It really is dead simple, you can use TSP with NI timecode and an NI audio device that is Traktor Scratch Certified and that's it. There's no way around it (officially).

If you already have Traktor Pro and you're considered buying a Z2 you can sell the TP serial cus you will get the software with the Z2.
    Buying all the pieces separately is not a good way to go about it.

Using an S4 with TSP is great but you will still have to buy the TSP upgrade kit as an add on cus the S4 comes with TP not TSP.
    To add, The S8 comes with everything in the box. TSP2, timecode, all of it. It works with turntables.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    To add, The S8 comes with everything in the box. TSP2, timecode, all of it. It works with turntables.
    Also included is an extra +$500 Pricetag over an S4 with Timecode kit

Tech Wizard

Hi guys,

There has been a slight change with my purchase since I was able to get a good deal on a few items. However the goal is still to use the correct timecode vinyl and practice scratching with TSP.

I purchased a Denon Dj X1800 mixer (I believe it has a internal soundcard and 2 audio interfaces). This mixer is currently connected to my Technics 1210s. This basic set up works well, but sometimes the needle jumps when scratching. I really do intend on switching to timecode vinyls, as I've seen that if the needle jumps or slightly skips, it goes undetected. Also I want to be able to add cues and punch buttons, which I currently can't.

I also have only 1 Denon Dj X1800 (haven't set this up yet, as im still deciding whether to sell it or keep). I have a Traktor audio 10 interface (I don't believe I need this anymore).

My goal is to be able to connect this set up with TSP using control vinyl and perhaps I can use the denon Dj sc5000 to add loops/sounds etc

First of all, I like to know how I can achieve this? is it all compatible

Would these timecode vinyls work? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Traktor...YAAOSwCMtabmUV

Any help is very much appreciated, and thank you in advance

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast