Need some help with setup please! cdj 1000 mk3/FS2/Traktor
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Need some help with setup please! cdj 1000 mk3/FS2/Traktor

Hi Everyone,

Im quite old school and way out of the loop, it's been over 10 years since I've touched the decks. Recently i've managed to get my Technics 1210s out of the loft and all my garage records.

I want to have a digital setup, but not sure if im doing it right.

I have 2 CDJ 1000 Mk3, with a platinum series mixer (little old) and 2 Technics 1210s. I've managed to get a Stanton final scratch 2 controller/soundcard with the timecode cds and records. (I read online, I need a 6 Audio interface), I figured this is basically it.

I have a macbook air, which I plan to connect it too. In order to connect the FS2, I need a firewire port. I have ordered a converter (firewire to USB). I also have a pioneer EFX 500n dont think i will use this.

i know my equipment is a little old, but I was wondering if there is anything else I need. Also can I use a newer version of Traktor with FS2?

My goals are to be able to mix sounds and samples from 4 different tracks, 1210s for me to add scratches and just record everything on my mac via traktor.

Last time I made a mixtape was actually on cassette. Any advice or tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I have a macbook air, which I plan to connect it too. In order to connect the FS2, I need a firewire port. I have ordered a converter (firewire to USB). I also have a pioneer EFX 500n dont think i will use this.
    99.9% sure an adaptor will NOT work with a soundcard - some non powered firewire stuff might work e.g. digicams.

I get the feeling you'll be buying a different DVS system.

Tech Wizard

The FS2 box is useless. You can no longer find final scratch 2, and if you did, it wouldn't run on your mac.

If you want to use it like that, you need traktor scratch with either an A6 (3 decks max) or A10 (4 decks max).

Or you could just burn CDs. That's the easier way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Moostapha View Post
    The FS2 box is useless. You can no longer find final scratch 2, and if you did, it wouldn't run on your mac.
    IF he had a computer that supported firewire, it could in theory be used with Mixxx, Mixvibes or VDJ for DVS but still only on 2 channels. Shame because they were a decent soundcard - but he doesn't so anyhoo......

If I were in your position I'd sell the EFX, probably the CDJ's and the mixer as well (as a package maybe).

- That would finance a Native Instruments Z2 Mixer ($599) or S4 controller ($698 inc. scratch bundle).
    - Then I'd use the extra software decks for the additional track layers.

Either option you'll have decent, modern and pretty simple to setup rig out of the box.

My 2 Cents

Dump the FS2 interface and buy either the Denon DJ DS1, Pioneer DJ INTERFACE 2, or Traktor Kontrol Audio 6. All three will come with everything you'll need, I believe.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Sorry I made a mistake, I mean't a Firewire to thunderbolt converter. I understand a usb has a power rail and I think the firewire doesn't.

I've got Traktor scratch pro 2 software now. Do you think it will work with FS2 soundcard?

Tech Wizard

Your Set up looks really cool, i think you are right. I will sell the CDjs and mixer. I will Purchase a Native Instruments Z2 Mixer. Do I need anything else? Can i connect the Native Instruments Z2 Mixer directly to the laptop and run Traktor scratch pro 2? (which I recently got)

Can I connect my technics 1210s with all of this?

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Thanks for advice happydan.

Will I be able to connect my 1210's and play my vinyl through Traktor control audio 6 or Pioneer DJ INTERFACE 2?

Tech Wizard

[/QUOTE]

Would really like to know more about your setup. If your DVS has phono inputs, then i could easily plug in my 1210s to it? and play my records through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo12 View Post
    Thanks for advice happydan.

Will I be able to connect my 1210's and play my vinyl through Traktor control audio 6 or Pioneer DJ INTERFACE 2?
    Yes. That's what it's designed for...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast