Can Traktor Scratch Pro software be used on its own?
    Tech Wizard

Default Can Traktor Scratch Pro software be used on its own?

Hi guys,

All I have is a macbook and Traktor Scratch Pro software. Am I able to mix songs on my mac in Traktor? I tried doing this, but the audio sound would not turn on. not sure if I need to change the settings, or it's just impossible.

Any help/answers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's possible. Can you play a deck with track loaded?

Tech Wizard

I haven't connected any deck to it or any external devices. I just want to use Traktor on it's own with Mp3s on my mac.

Can it only be done if I connect a deck to it? I guess I was thinking of something similar to virtual Dj.

I can import mp3s into Traktor, they play but with no sound. I was just trying it with the built in speakers on my macbook air.

Ok so if track plays then the audio device is selected. What you have to check is your Output Routing in the Preferences.

If it says "not connected" click on both left and right channel of the Master Output and select your Ch.1 and Ch.2 of mac built in audio interface.

Tech Wizard

Hi,

I did as you said. Now it's playing, but there is a crackling, distortion sound as it plays. is there a way to prevent this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool. So far good.
    Next stop click on your "Audio Setup" (upper-left corner) and under the sample rate there should be latency bar. Click and drag it to the right to increase the buffer size until there are no more artifacts. Start at 256 samples.

Tech Wizard

It's working, thank you so much.

You are welcome. Have fun!

Tech Wizard

Hi Stewe,

So I've been playing around with TSP. I've watched some online videos. A few things i couldn't do. I found that I still could not successfully sync/mix songs of different tempos, despite clicking on the button and their BPM being the same.

I also had some trouble in displaying the colours in the beat grid for me to study (according to the camelot system).

i thought TSP could sync tracks even if they are from a different genre/tempo.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo12 View Post
    Hi Stewe,

So I've been playing around with TSP. I've watched some online videos. A few things i couldn't do. I found that I still could not successfully sync/mix songs of different tempos, despite clicking on the button and their BPM being the same.
    You need to make sure your beat grids are perfect. In this video Ean will teach you how to fine tune BPM and Beat Grid on tracks that Traktor doesn't analyze correctly. (which can relate more to older Traktor versions)