Traktor Scratch Pro 2 & Pioneer DDJ-RR

Default Traktor Scratch Pro 2 & Pioneer DDJ-RR

Hi djs!
    I've used for years a pioneer ddj wego with TSP2. It's time to change controller. I'd really like to buy pioneer ddj RR but I'm not sure about its compatibility with TSP2. Has someone already tested this controller in Traktor?? Where have you found the mapping for RR?? Is that mapping quite compatible or has it something not working?? Or should I use a mapping made for a similar controller like ddj SX or RX??

Tech Wizard

It should work. But, if you want that controller, why not use rekordbox?
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

Because i really like traktor, ad people say that is better in sound quality, latency and I really like its layout that looks very professional. Should I really use another sw?

My question is, has someone tried DDJ RR in TSP2? (I don't want to buy a controller that i cannot use with my favorite software)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Liuk90 View Post
    Because i really like traktor, ad people say that is better in sound quality, latency and I really like its layout that looks very professional. Should I really use another sw?

My question is, has someone tried DDJ RR in TSP2? (I don't want to buy a controller that i cannot use with my favorite software)
    Not necessarily. But, if you want the DDJ-RR, it's plug & play with rekordbox. From a quick search, it looks like you'd have to map it to control Traktor (I might be wrong about that). If you do...IMVHO, it's not worth the effort compared to matching hardware to software and only then mapping if there's something specific you want to do that you can't.

I've only looked at Rekordbox briefly, but I'm pretty sure I still prefer Traktor (and certainly use it). At some point, I used my DDJ-SX for Traktor. And...it worked. But it wasn't nearly as pleasant of an experience as just using Serato (which it was made for).
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

So you think thai i should switch to RBox?
    I'm trying it now (with ddj wego) and I still prefer traktor, RB is more sync-friendly but traktor is better IMHO..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Liuk90 View Post
    So you think thai i should switch to RBox?
    I'm trying it now (with ddj wego) and I still prefer traktor, RB is more sync-friendly but traktor is better IMHO..
    From looking at it, I think I agree with you in at least that I prefer Traktor.

If you like mapping, I'm sure you could get it to work. And, as I said, there may be a mapping out there for it to work. I haven't looked very hard.

But, I'm kind of over my intense mapping stage. I never did anything crazy like Ean, Tekken, or some of the guys from the Ableton Live DJ forums did, and I still just got sick of it. So, my bias is showing. The idea of mapping an all-in-one controller for Traktor would make me either switch platforms or switch controllers.

I'm definitely not telling you to switch platforms or to not buy that controller. You do you. Just...know what you're getting yourself into; otherwise you risk a huge headache or a lot of wasted money.

Personally...I like Traktor better than anything else out there right now (and have for years), and I just buy NI controllers, mostly to minimize how much work I have to put into getting them to work.

Setup Thread

I think i will buy the DDJ RR for Christmas, hoping that it will work in TSP2 without editing or making my own mapping... if not I'll start learning how to use RB (And hoping that pioneer improve the software in the future)

Thakt to all for the answers.