4 Band Eq Mode for S8?

Default 4 Band Eq Mode for S8?

How do I turn the filter knob on S8 to work with the LOWs, and the actual eq knobs would do the low-mids, mid, hi.

Is it possible?

as far as i know, you can't remap any of the main s8 controls. the only controls that are mappable are the 8 faders and 8 knobs directly beneath the screens.

There have been requests for that for years, and it hasn't happened. understanding is that the S8's mixer section might actually be a DSP mixer rather than just a controller, making it at least a firmware update to do so.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

While I obviously don't have anything against controllers, this is one more reason I've never been a huge fan of all-in-one devices.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    There have been requests for that for years, and it hasn't happened. understanding is that the S8's mixer section might actually be a DSP mixer rather than just a controller, making it at least a firmware update to do so.
    Any idea how they enabled post fader Traktor FX's to work with that kind of signal path?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Any idea how they enabled post fader Traktor FX's to work with that kind of signal path?
    That could definitely imply I'm wrong. Or that it's a more intense sound card than I thought it was. Or that there's a unity gain return from the effects units that has no controls.

Doesn't the S8 work as a mixer when the laptop is disconnected?

Yes, it works as a standalone mixer when no computer is connected. Once you connect a computer it controls Traktor instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Yes, it works as a standalone mixer when no computer is connected. Once you connect a computer it controls Traktor instead.
    That makes sense that they wanted to simplify it, then. The DDJ-SX works the same basic way (e.g., you can change what the filter knob does if you're using Rekordbox, but you can only choose sound color effects, not a different EQ model).

If you could switch EQ modes like that and wanted to run the channels differently (e.g., live input) or disconnected the computer, it at least brings up a question about control takeover that would just make the whole thing more complex in a way that NI doesn't seem to want to deal with.

I'm actually curious now what would happen if I tell a filter knob to be a dub echo but run that channel with an analog input instead of the sound coming from rekordbox....I'll have to remember to check that next time I pull it out.

One of the reasons I wasn't very excited as a power user about the s5, s8, d2 were the lack of options for personalisation.
    Even if I understand the company's view and approach (and restraints) to those products I feel that they were going away from their prime DNA. Part of my interest in Traktor was the endless possibilities to tailor your gear to your workflow or needs. Something that is lacking in their latest product development.
    Last edited by Yul; 01-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.