Current Audio Interface Options (just curious)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,692

    Default Current Audio Interface Options (just curious)

    So, I'm up at 6am for some reason. And I was actually wondering about something.

    Apparently the TS A10 was discontinued

    If you're like me and want flexibility of mixer choice but also want to use a computer with 4 decks, does that mean that you're now forced ino a Rane SL4 or a recording-focused interface?

    If so, does that mean you can't currently use 4 decks with Traktor Scratch Pro without buying a mixer with a built in interface?

    I don't need it for me. I have an A10 that works just fine, and there are loads of recording-oriented soundcards that would work...most of them are huge, though. I'm just wondering if I'm reading things right...

  2. #2
    DJTT Moderator Dude Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,243

    Default

    If you don't run 4 decks constantly .. you cant go past the Audio 6 mate. You can combine channels, so you can run 2 independent decks and a 3rd shared with a remix deck or stems if you want.
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020




  3. #3
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Does it really matter if it's discountinued? It's not like it will stop working tommorow. I didn't read anything about OS compatibility issues either so we can safely assume any A10 (mk1 or mk2) owner is set for at least until next macOS CoreAudio (sooner) or win driver issue (later).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  4. #4

    Default

    I did read in a support ticket that because the Audio 10 is discontinued, NI is also not officially testing and supporting it on new OSes like macOS High Sierra, which I find pretty disappointing. I understand discontinuing something if it doesn't sell well or it's too expensive to make, but at least support it for a couple more years, instead of having owners wonder when it's going to randomly break. Especially since the support for the Audio 8 DJ only stopped last year.
    15" MacBook Pro 2016 (macOS 10.13.5) / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11.3 / Crane Stand Pro
    Pioneer DJM-750 / 2x Pioneer XDJ-1000 / 2x Kontrol D2 / Audio 10 / Sennheiser HD25

  5. #5
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    NI is also not officially testing and supporting it on new OSes like macOS High Sierra, which I find pretty disappointing.
    Not saying that is not true but here it states that both mk1 and mk2 A10 are supported (and that means they had to test them) on High Sierra.
    https://support.native-instruments.c...ents-Hardware-
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  6. #6
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If you don't run 4 decks constantly .. you cant go past the Audio 6 mate. You can combine channels, so you can run 2 independent decks and a 3rd shared with a remix deck or stems if you want.
    Hey. Good to see you.

    I'm fully aware. But, it's still kind of frustrating. You could get away with it most of the time...actually, most of the time, I could just not connect that deck and be fine. But it's definitely not as flexible.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Does it really matter if it's discountinued? It's not like it will stop working tommorow. I didn't read anything about OS compatibility issues either so we can safely assume any A10 (mk1 or mk2) owner is set for at least until next macOS CoreAudio (sooner) or win driver issue (later).
    Yeah...mine still works. I do have questions about what to do when it eventually stops working (as every single audio interface I've bought eventually has, except it and my 2i2), but this question was more about where the industry was at. Apparently, everyone just does the mixer with built in AI thing....which is fine, just not what I want.

    Fortunately, for anyone else who is kind of like me but isn't me, the Scarlett 18i20 is probably just as rock solid as the other Scarletts, and it's downright cheap for what you get, even if you're not going to use much of it. And there certainly are others.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Eliot Han's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    818

    Default

    I too am looking for something to replace my Audio8DJ for gigging. I do need 8 channels of output because of 4--deck mixing. The ones I have come across are older models of soundcards (RME) or some newer ones that take up so much space. LMK if you find something that is a good replacement for your 10.

    ↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

  8. #8
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I too am looking for something to replace my Audio8DJ for gigging. I do need 8 channels of output because of 4--deck mixing. The ones I have come across are older models of soundcards (RME) or some newer ones that take up so much space. LMK if you find something that is a good replacement for your 10.
    I'm not looking to replace it. But, it seems like there isn't anything other than 19" units.

    If you're wiling to use a 19" rack unit, there are a lot of options from Focusrite, Universal Audio, Apogee, Antelope, and probably others. But, I haven't seen anything at anywhere near that form factor except the Rane SL4.

    The SL4 is a lot more expensive than the A10 was, but it's nowhere near the price of a high-end recording card. And it looks like it's the only option if you want something relatively small. That's kind of what I was getting at with this thread.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru happydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm not looking to replace it. But, it seems like there isn't anything other than 19" units.

    If you're wiling to use a 19" rack unit, there are a lot of options from Focusrite, Universal Audio, Apogee, Antelope, and probably others. But, I haven't seen anything at anywhere near that form factor except the Rane SL4.

    The SL4 is a lot more expensive than the A10 was, but it's nowhere near the price of a high-end recording card. And it looks like it's the only option if you want something relatively small. That's kind of what I was getting at with this thread.
    You need somewhere to place your laptop (according to all the techno DJs).
    A&H Xone:62 | 2 x NI Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 x 1210s | TSP2 | Audio 10 | Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Ableton Push
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

  10. #10
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You need somewhere to place your laptop (according to all the techno DJs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •