Rekord Buddy user support?

Default Rekord Buddy user support?

So I'm in the long drawn out process of trying to switch platforms/use more than one, and I opted to buy Rekord Buddy. I had a few questions, but their support system hasn't seemed to get my message through. Anyone have experience with their support? I've heard good things about Damien being helpful, so I assume if anyone can help me track down a better way to contact him, he'll help. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    So I'm in the long drawn out process of trying to switch platforms/use more than one, and I opted to buy Rekord Buddy. I had a few questions, but their support system hasn't seemed to get my message through. Anyone have experience with their support? I've heard good things about Damien being helpful, so I assume if anyone can help me track down a better way to contact him, he'll help. Any recommendations?
    I'm literally the Next Audio support. What's the problem with the ticket system?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Rekord Buddy Creator Damien Sirkis's Avatar

Yeah we're getting tickets just fine right now. Are you using the red tab on the web site or emailing support directly?
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

I was using the redtab. Now that I've got you guys here though...
    I'm moving over from Traktor to Recordbox/CDJ, but not all the way. Essentially, I'll be playing and sorting/organizing the majority of my dance music on CDJ's/rekordbox. I also do regular open format nights, and at those, I'll definitely be putting cue points and making other adjustments inside Traktor while playing live.
    I've already transfered my whole database over (Traktor>RekordBox), but want to know how to proceed using the 2 platforms with Rekord Buddy. If I make adjustments in Rekordbox, would I simply check the box that says "protect this database" for Rekordbox, and uncheck the one for Traktor? I assume it's the reverse if I makes changes to tracks in Traktor and want to bring over new cue points into Rekordbox?

Also, If I were to use Rekord Buddy's Tagging system, where exactly will that show up in Traktor and/or Rekordbox?

I'll make a deal with you, I don't usually like to do support via forums on other sites (because I'd have to monitor/deal with way too many of them) but I'll make an exception here if you help me figure out why you couldn't use the red tab. Deal?

If I make adjustments in Rekordbox, would I simply check the box that says "protect this database" for Rekordbox, and uncheck the one for Traktor? I assume it's the reverse if I makes changes to tracks in Traktor and want to bring over new cue points into Rekordbox?
    That's one way but in the case, the new workflow I'm introducing in the 2.1beta might work even better for you. You can just select 'import from this'/'export to that' and control what goes were.

Also, If I were to use Rekord Buddy's Tagging system, where exactly will that show up in Traktor and/or Rekordbox?
    Rekord Buddy tags don't show anywhere at the moment. If you organize playlists using them, the playlists will show in the other programs which is what most people use them for at the moment.

Now... What happens when you try to send me a message via the red tab? It's working fine for others so I'm kinda puzzled.
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

Thanks for the reply, Damien (probably should have done that last post). I'm not sure what went wrong with the support button. From what I can see, I think internet gremlins might have just eaten my message. I don't remember anything happening so to say... everything seemed somewhat normal, and I was just waiting for a reply. That said, I did notice that when I click on the little message icon at the top (directly left of the "howdy" message), it has a loading circle and nothing ever comes up.

That said, I did notice that when I click on the little message icon at the top (directly left of the "howdy" message), it has a loading circle and nothing ever comes up.
    I added a FAQ entry with the support email just in case. I wonder if your browser is causing the issue since it seems like others don't have this problem. Sorry about the inconvenience though.

You can use the email provided in the FAQ in the future

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

For reference of anyone reading this later own the line, this is the post Damien is talking about and you can reach them at support@next.audio

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    For reference of anyone reading this later own the line, this is the post Damien is talking about and you can reach them at support@next.audio
    Thank you! I always try to tread lightly when posting external links to another forum