Why I don't think you should buy rekord buddy 2 !!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Why I don't think you should buy rekord buddy 2 !!!

Hey everybody

I did the mistake of buying one of the worst pieces of software ever !!

i used rekord buddy 2 for about 1/2 an hour (or at least tried to) it crashed about 3 times and with several actions it just hung it self up and didn't respond to commands anymore.
    that's still a very alpha or beta kind of behavior.

but worst of all is that not all of the advertised functionality is working !!

my main reason to buy the software was the possibility to convert cue points from serato to rekordbox as hotcues and memory cues !! (damien sirkis showed this of as "working" in one of his videos)

This is not working !!

i contacted support very kindly at the first chrashes, and asked about the cuepoint function (its a little checkbox in the preferences in the serato rider )

they said i should download and try 2.1 beta !!

So the thing is: i did not consent to take part on any payed beta !!!

i just got no time for troubleshooting software, i concentrate my time on music, thats why i wait until a software is out of beta state before buying or relying on it !!!

In the end i just wanted a refund, the advertised functionality is not given and it's crashing all the time !!

all they ever replied was i should try 2.1 beta !!

here is the last mail i got. after insisted to get a refund, support did not reply anymore.

hey***
    I think I replied to you in your other ticket. Could you try the 2.1 beta I sent you the link for, and see if it helps with the play count crash? You should be able to change it to '0' as a default value.

RE transport, this is a feature that will have further development, but we are currently working hard to port all the code to be cross platform with Windows (hence the 2.1 beta). I will pass on the issue for when the feature is revisited.

Cheers,
    Dan Morse
    Support | Next Audio Labs, LLC.
    On Sat, 9 Dec at 7:26 PM , *** <nicson@live.de> wrote:
    hi support person, or is it still just that one guy

i experience buddy 2.0.22(217) to not respond to almost all actions anymore after i changed the "play count" tag, to
    a value wich is not valid in that field.
    I confused that field with the ratings. so i typed in 4.
    after recognising that this is the play count, i tried to erase this value with the above mentioned results.

so
    1. please fix that crashing issue, so you can get a warning that something doesn't work, but you don't have to restart the program.

2. wich value is valid in the "play count" that equals "blank"?
    tried space and zero already, wich where not accepted

for the transport: it would be great if you could pause the playback with "space" as well, at the moment it just triggers play, and i have to press the stop button via mouse.....

I really like the possibilities and features of the software.
    but for this price its very disappointing to see it that undeveloped.

Its a thing of trust in the software to use it as MAIN organisation tool for DJing.
    and if there are such obvious things, which i encountered after 5 min of use, i come to question the quality of the overall programming.

Even with always backing up your library you want to at least have confidence of the programs you are editing your music library with.

I hope you see this critic as constructive as i mean it and for a quick solution.

best ***

Plenty of us are using Rekordbuddy regularly without issues, so the title of your thread is more than just a little harsh. The developers of the software have been more than helpful to the entirety of our community. HappyDan is a member of this forum and I am sure that he will respond shortly.

Please do not down on people that are doing new things to help move the artform forward. As with all independent software, there is bound to be bugs here and there. DO not attempt to discredit those that are doing the community a great service.

#endrant
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Rekord Buddy Creator Damien Sirkis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Plenty of us are using Rekordbuddy regularly without issues, so the title of your thread is more than just a little harsh. The developers of the software have been more than helpful to the entirety of our community
    Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't put it better myself.

There's always going to be haters, no one can please everyone even when you try your best. For the record though:

- When issues are brought to me I always work with users to try and solve them. I've also provided partial refunds as ways of saying thank you for helping me find bugs.
    - It's always better to bring issues up with a positive attitude and a polite demeanor.
    - I've provided this user a refund this morning, per our refund policy, as I'm busy finishing 2.1 and the Windows version and I'm sure all Rekord Buddy users would prefer I use my time for that instead of dealing with attitudes like this.

Peace!
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Sirkis View Post
    "...... as I'm busy finishing 2.1 and the Windows version....."

This got me so excited :-)
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    This got me so excited :-)
    Alright fine... Since this has now put me in a good mood I'll drop some tidbits that I haven't announced anywhere else yet.

Basically I've been juggling 2.0(macOS), 2.1beta(macOS) and 2.2(Windows/macOS) for a while now and given the bandwidth that we have it's a bit too much to handle. That's why Dan and I have been pushing people with issues toward the 2.1beta in order to maximize the resources on one build and get 2.1 out sooner.

This changed a few weeks ago. I decided that 2.2 had come far enough along that this could now legitimately become what will ship as 2.1 and include many workflow improvements based on user feedback. This is a bit of a setback for 2.1 in terms of timeline but focusing all our efforts on the new 2.1(Windows/macOS) (the old 2.2(Windows/macOS)) will make this come out sooner that it would have.

So long story short, 2.1(Windows/macOS) is going to take a bit longer but 2.2(Windows/macOS) is going to ship sooner since it will now be 2.1(Windows/macOS). You guys still with me?

The app has built a great community of people, I've got a lot more planned after 2.1. Thank you for being so supportive.

Be positive. Be respectful. Music is the answer.
    MP2015, 2xD2s, 2x1200Mk5s, RMX-500 - Admin at djs.social - Resident for for.theloveof.house - 🐘 @damien@djs.social

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Sirkis View Post
    Alright fine... Since this has now put me in a good mood I'll drop some tidbits that I haven't announced anywhere else yet.

Basically I've been juggling 2.0(macOS), 2.1beta(macOS) and 2.2(Windows/macOS) for a while now and given the bandwidth that we have it's a bit too much to handle. That's why Dan and I have been pushing people with issues toward the 2.1beta in order to maximize the resources on one build and get 2.1 out sooner.

This changed a few weeks ago. I decided that 2.2 had come far enough along that this could now legitimately become what will ship as 2.1 and include many workflow improvements based on user feedback. This is a bit of a setback for 2.1 in terms of timeline but focusing all our efforts on the new 2.1(Windows/macOS) (the old 2.2(Windows/macOS)) will make this come out sooner that it would have.

So long story short, 2.1(Windows/macOS) is going to take a bit longer but 2.2(Windows/macOS) is going to ship sooner since it will now be 2.1(Windows/macOS). You guys still with me?

The app has built a great community of people, I've got a lot more planned after 2.1. Thank you for being so supportive.

Be positive. Be respectful. Music is the answer.
    Thats so awesome. And yeah that makes sense about pushing everyone to 2.1 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    This is not working !!
    I love a good rant but this is just so....millennial like
    Sorry mate, nobody is gonna take you seriously with that kind of attitude and writting, even if your issues are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    i just got no time for troubleshooting software,
    Then stick to CDs and vinyl. For real. The forums are littered with people saying this in one form or another, from expecting their controllers to be plug'n'play with every software out there, to the famous line of "DJ's should not be computer programers".
    Welcome to digital DJing.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I've changed the thread title to one that is a little less obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I've changed the thread title to one that is a little less obtuse.
    Thank you! I by no mean want to come across as trying to stifle dissent. Criticism is good and helps makes the app better.

Keep it coming everyone. I will always listen and I will always try my absolute best.

I think part of my brain died reading this.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast