Serato DJ, Logitech c920, Quicktime - Lagging and dropping out. Help!?
    Tech Convert

Default Serato DJ, Logitech c920, Quicktime - Lagging and dropping out. Help!?

Format: Serato DJ
    Interface: SL3
    Webcam: Logitech c920
    Video App: Quicktime

Hey guys,

Just trying to record my set through Serato DJ (SL3) and then video recording from Logitech c920 through Quicktime. Both of them dropped out during recording but I didn't even notice until the lagging happened. Tried dropping in another song and it just sounds like a train wreck.

Since then I've updated Serato DJ, checked calibration and latency levels. Made even more space on my computer, hooked up my external hard drive for the recording location. Tried a test session and it happened again. IDK what's going on, maybe it's Quicktime and I need an alternative? I'm at a loss rn.
    go to heaven for the climate; hell for the company

Are you using the same computer/laptop for both Serato and recording the set? It might be too much strain on the CPU or USB ports. Have you tried using a separate computer for recording and reproducing the issue?
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deviantBastard21 View Post
    Are you using the same computer/laptop for both Serato and recording the set? It might be too much strain on the CPU or USB ports. Have you tried using a separate computer for recording and reproducing the issue?
    it actually was too much, I was using a hub to connect another 2 sources and I think they were all competing. Decided to just cut the logitech for now, and it's worked great since
    go to heaven for the climate; hell for the company