Allen Heath XONE DB2 Cue/Mix balance question
    Tech Wizard

Default Allen Heath XONE DB2 Cue/Mix balance question

Dear all,
    I just bought XONE DB2 mixer. I am a little bit confused, and I would like to know if this is normal feature in my mixer or not.
    In my previous mixer - even if the Channel Cue monitoring buttons were active - when I turned Cue/Mix Balance knob all the way clockwise to Mix position - I could only hear Master Mix. Now, with DB2, when I turn knob fully clockwise and have any of the Channel Cue buttons active - I can hear Master Mix and still a little bit of monitoring signal.
    Although - I would prefer to not have to turn off any Cue buttons to hear clean Mix in fully clockwise position.

According to manual:

Pans between Cue signal and the Main Mix output. Turned fully anti-clockwise, only the active Cue signal is heard through the headphones when a Cue is selected. Gradually turning clockwise introduces the Main Mix output to the Cue signal until, fully clockwise, only the Mix is heard.

Which is not the case!

tldr:
    When I have any channel Cue monitoring buttons active and Cue/Mix knob rotated fully clockwise I can still hear a little bit of Cue signal when as far I understand only Mix should be heard.

Is it normal for DB2 or is it some kind of cue bleeding to headphone mix problem? Feedback from other DB2 users would be highly appreciated.

First make sure that split cue is disabled.

If split cue is disabled and you are still getting bleed, than RMA that mixer. The DB2 should not have bleed when the knob is rotated all the way to mix.

I have owned both a DB2 and a DB4
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Split cue is disabled.

So you are sure - there should be no Cue signal heard in fully clockwise position? Even with some Cue monitoring buttons active?

There should be no audible cue while the knob is on mix.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Thank you very much for your input the_bastet. Unfortunatelly I bought used mixer, although I will contact Seller about this case.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    There should be no audible cue while the knob is on mix.

Quote Originally Posted by atakPL View Post
    Thank you very much for your input the_bastet. Unfortunatelly I bought used mixer, although I will contact Seller about this case.
    DB series are digital mixers and such problems are unusual (unlike analog models where signal bleed is a common issue). You would be better to contact A&H or start re-reading the manual to see if any of the extensive settings on the mixer can affect cue/mix behaviour. Or simply reset the mixer to default setting as a lazy way to test the theory.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I already made mixer reset to factory settings and settings are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    DB series are digital mixers and such problems are unusual (unlike analog models where signal bleed is a common issue). You would be better to contact A&H or start re-reading the manual to see if any of the extensive settings on the mixer can affect cue/mix behaviour. Or simply reset the mixer to default setting as a lazy way to test the theory.

Tech Mentor

if the same as the DB4. should only be one source at extreme sides of the control fully left only cue... fully right only the mix output.

have you checked the firmware, and the settings in the menu.

looking at my DB4 now:
    [menu]
    HP SETUP >
    Mode: normal
    Cleanfeed: on
    Auto-mute: off
    AutoCue: on

Those settings work to make it like you describe, as I have it set up as you describe.

may be an idea to start again with the firmware if trying the settings don't work.

Tech Wizard

Quick update - monitoring balance works correctly now after replacing headphone pre-amp which had corroded elements. Although- service said that it could not solve the case as balance knob is part of the mainboard not pre-amp... But it did! Nevertheless - I feel relieved now and mixer is real beast!