XDJ 700 rekordbox + MacBook Pro

Lightbulb XDJ 700 rekordbox + MacBook Pro

Hi guys,

I've got xdj700 + djm350 + MacBook Pro 13'. I would like to use rekordbox finally, cause I never used it before - I do play from usb. My question is: What is the best way to connect mac pro with xdj to use rekordbox? In my MacBook, I need to use adapter from usb c to usb, but in the manual I can see thats most of the hub/adapter are not recommended, but they recommend to connect xdj with MacBook directly to usb slot, but I can't do this cause in my MacBook there is only usb c unfortunately.

Any idea how to resolve the problem? Cause, I can't find nothing about connecting Mac Pro in the manual of rekordbox

Merry Christmas for everyone!

Just use the USB-C to USB adapter, it works fine. Alternatively you can buy a USB-C to USB-B cable.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Just use the USB-C to USB adapter, it works fine. Alternatively you can buy a USB-C to USB-B cable.
    did u use it some of them and could u recommend which one might be the best?

I bought 2 Apple USB-C to USB adapters back when they were $9 and have been using them with my DJM-750, XDJ-1000s, Kontrol D2s and Audio 10 without problems. Their regular price of $19 is pretty steep though, so it's worth looking at alternatives.

I don't have any experience with USB-C to USB-B cables, but I do use the regular Chroma Cables and love them, so I'm sure the USB-C ones are great as well.

USB c to USB Hub. You will have a way better experience using a link function with a network switch, though.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    USB c to USB Hub. You will have a way better experience using a link function with a network switch, though.
    Could u explain why? Is it because of sound quality, speed, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by OscarSemper View Post
    Could u explain why? Is it because of sound quality, speed, etc?
    When using XDJ and CDJ's in HID, you lose some functionality and the load times on the actual units tend to be a little it slower. You will also experience browsing lag if you have an extensive library. You can, however, connect the units to your laptop via ethernet and use Link to browse your library.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6